"Sterling and Delph: Snakes with a brain"

Thing is, even Spurs fans were doing it earlier in the season. That's really baffling. Can't see why they'd have any particular dog in this fight, so to speak.

Could you imagine giving a shit if Spurs had signed a Liverpool player?!

Even more moronic is Everton fans booing Sterling - which they did in significant numbers at Goodison very early in the season and still to some degree a couple of weeks ago.

Sterling gets booed because most football fans are hugely influenced by the media. If the papers say someone is good, they believe it. If the papers say someone is bad, they believe it. If the players say someone deserves to be booed they will boo him.

Liverpool did a number on Sterling in the press and so many thick twats have fallen for it.

Correct. That's why most on here know for sure Pep takes over in a few months ...

I used to feel for Villa fans, actually. Lerner was an absolute curmudgeon who was completely useless as a owner (see the Clevand Browns.) But they loved him when he bought the club and expected the money to roll in. We gave them quite a good number of cheap players in Given, Ireland and Dunne. But I talk to them in other forums and they are like, "Your wage bill is a joke! You gave us them for nothing. I hope Delph rots on the bench!" I don't blame them for hating Delph at all but if they get relegated I won't feel too bad.

Last edited:
Hows Sterling doing then?

Im one of the few people who actually wished him all the best on his departure. He was my favourite player when he was with us, and i seriously think he will go on to do some great things. Havent checked in on him recently though.
He's been good, delivering some moments of absolute quality but also shows plenty of signs of naivity and rawness. I think he's looked very nervous quite often, particularly at the start of the season before he got his first few goals and assists.

However his mere presence on the left wing frightens defences and opens up space, which was important because we were pretty one-dimensional before he joined.

I still have an issue about some of his technique, particularly when he tries to power his shots, he kicks them like a goal kick...

Haha! All the same problems we had with Sterling.

Yeah give him time. He'll get it. Besides he more than makes up for his shortfall with some of his link up play, pace and trickery.
Will be interesting to see how he develops surrounded by players like Silva Aguero etc.

F365 tend to be quite fair and never brought into this narative the scouse media put out about Sterling, they seem to have a lot of time for Silva and Aguero and are as surprised by the lack of recognition these players get.

They do all so give criticism from time to time. Ultimately however they are very United/ Lpool focused, not biased (they criticise as much as praise) but they are probably the articles that generate the most clicks for them.

somethimg those scouse pundits didnt think about was the backlash ie death threats towards sterling and his family, as far as i am concerned they were all part to blame, im sure majority of opposing supporters with the exception of lpool and villa is just a ploy to try and put both players off their game, something i am sure will come back to haunt lpool and villa v

somethimg those scouse pundits didnt think about was the backlash ie death threats towards sterling and his family, as far as i am concerned they were all part to blame, im sure majority of opposing supporters with the exception of lpool and villa is just a ploy to try and put both players off their game, something i am sure will come back to haunt lpool and villa v
Death threats to football players. Some people need to have a long hard look at their lives if football is that important to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.