Sterling and the hate he gets

So you made it up. No worries
No, I've seen countless times where he's stayed on his feet, starting with the push by Walker all those years ago against Spurs. Eventually you learn that the only way to get a penalty if you're legitimately fouled is to make it clear to the referee. It shouldn't be like that, but it is. And inevitably that creates situations where players go down easily when they could stay on their feet.

No I dont think so
25ad6773c31b8a4c6a2aedb723bfdbc0.gif
The number 24 checks him around the hip but the number 5 doesnt foul him.

No, I've seen countless times where he's stayed on his feet, starting with the push by Walker all those years ago against Spurs. Eventually you learn that the only way to get a penalty if you're legitimately fouled is to make it clear to the referee. It shouldn't be like that, but it is. And inevitably that creates situations where players go down easily when they could stay on their feet.
He hasn't been trained though as that would imply by someone at the club. From comments on here and on his particular performance thread, it would suggest he wasn't fouled and simply went down from minimal contact.

As did Aguero, and recently Foden round the keeper, bad refereeing leads to players needing to go down easily, or makes it worse.

He hasn't been trained though as that would imply by someone at the club. From comments on here and on his particular performance thread, it would suggest he wasn't fouled and simply went down from minimal contact.
Yeah, I didn't mean trained in that sense. I meant learned that that's what he has to do even when it's a legitimate foul.

I think there are degrees of diving though. Damsgaard the other day went down with no contact whatsoever. And the other classic is the Vardy special where the attacker initiates the contact himself, and then goes down. I think Sterling was clipped, but obviously it wasn't enough to send him to the ground. I don't think he ran into the penalty area looking for it, but he took the opportunity. And that's why VAR didn't overrule it, because it wasn't a clear enough dive to say the ref was wrong. People are acting like it was Henry's handball or Rivaldo taking a tumble at the corner flag.

Yeah, I didn't mean trained in that sense. I meant learned that that's what he has to do even when it's a legitimate foul.

I think there are degrees of diving though. Damsgaard the other day went down with no contact whatsoever. And the other classic is the Vardy special where the attacker initiates the contact himself, and then goes down. I think Sterling was clipped, but obviously it wasn't enough to send him to the ground. I don't think he ran into the penalty area looking for it, but he took the opportunity. And that's why VAR didn't overrule it, because it wasn't a clear enough dive to say the ref was wrong. People are acting like it was Henry's handball or Rivaldo taking a tumble at the corner flag.
Fair enough

No meant as someone who doesn't support England he was unbearable to listen to
He was extremely pro England last night, albeit without being anti Denmark imo. I guess as a former England international, commentating on England in a European semi-final to what would have been, percentage wide, an almost exclusively English/British audience, it's hardly surprising.

Did lineker dive for his two penalties against Cameroon? He was a hero after earning these two.

It's clearly a subjective topic, with the answer usually aligned to if you like them or not.

For me Sterling was our hero, he didnt even dive! He won us that game, stopped it going to penalties. Without him we were floundering, even Grealish. Sterling was the difference between failing yet another semi final.

But he's a villain - Mainly due to these fuckers putting cats amongst pigeons for clicks and popularity

It’s the second challenge he goes down on. Clear foul. He doesn’t start to go down at all after the first one. It’s just a witch hunt as usual for him
I wouldn’t have complained if it wasn’t given but was nowhere near as soft as so many we see these days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.