Sterling and the hate he gets

The number 24 checks him around the hip but the number 5 doesnt foul him.
If you can't see number 5's knee contact Raheems knee then you need a trip to Specsavers. It is also enough with the other player coming from the other side to make him go down.
It's a penalty all day long. 100%

harry kane is much worse at going down on the slightest touch.

we should of had a penalty before it, sucks for the danes
Kane creates his own tactical fouls. Some refs are on to him.
Grealish is the same, though out of the two I would prefer City signing Kane

As soon as Sterling went down for the pen I knew what all of us would be reading in the media the next day.
Pen or not it was a soft pen granted but I am 100 % that no other player in the world would be
called diver for this from so many.
To be fair the media has been gushing about Sterling all tournament. And he did go down soft yesterday and I’m glad he did. As Dixon said “frankly, I don’t care”.

Don't hate 55 million people, hate the English football team. The way English fans conduct themselves is not a good look and the arrogance based on very little is just deluded.
There's context to the Scottish reaction after Wembley too, first major tournament in 23 years, dominating out biggest rivals in an away game, giving the (always dangerous for us) hope after we were below par in the first game.
Here we go again with this old chestnut.

What occasion during this tournament has the conduct of England fans not been good? What do you consider to be arrogant? There's been debates raging on here all summer about whether or not the team have been doing well. I don't know one English person who has thought we're going to win a tournament before it starts since 2006.

As for the group game between the two, can you class a 0-0 as "dominating" your rivals?

Another contradiction to point out is you saying that you haven't qualified for 23 years but then were below par against the Czech Republic. You weren't below par. You've been really shit for over 2 decades.

No I dont think so
25ad6773c31b8a4c6a2aedb723bfdbc0.gif
Watching it last night we all thought it looked a soft penalty at first but after they showed a replay from behind the goal you could see it was 100% a penalty.
That replay showed quite clearly the no 5's right knee hit Sterling as he was running and then the other defender took him out with a body check while Sterling was off balance from the initial contact. I was pretty hammered but don't remember it being shown more than once.
I can't quite believe this has been made out to be anything other than a 'stone waller'. Even in the video above you can see that one defender impedes his right leg and the other stops the movement of his left, all without touching the ball, how is that not a penalty? If either defender had tried to play the ball rather than the man then I could understand the 'soft' argument but they don't go anywhere near the ball.
Maybe if Sterling had stuck out his right leg to catch the defenders trailing leg a la Fernandes, Salah, Mane, Kane or Vardy it would have been talked of as 'clever play'.
It would be interesting to know whether the penalty was awarded against the number 5 or 24.

Here we go again with this old chestnut.

What occasion during this tournament has the conduct of England fans not been good? What do you consider to be arrogant? There's been debates raging on here all summer about whether or not the team have been doing well. I don't know one English person who has thought we're going to win a tournament before it starts since 2006.

As for the group game between the two, can you class a 0-0 as "dominating" your rivals?

Another contradiction to point out is you saying that you haven't qualified for 23 years but then were below par against the Czech Republic. You weren't below par. You've been really shit for over 2 decades.
Oh come on, you know we are arrogant. My god, we should really all just sit inside miserable playing down our first chance to win a tournament in most peoples life. We have no right what so ever to actually enjoy it and god forbid sing and look happy. We are a disgrace.

He didn't dive, wtf is everyone on about? He was poor backend of last season, i'm sure he would admit as much, but at the beginning and mid he was decent. Finishing the season as possibly the POTT for the Euros, why is Jorginho more fancied to win Balon D'or? Wasn't even the best player in his club or international teams, if we're using the same reasoning then i'd say Raz should be in there as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.