Sterling and the hate he gets

Here we go again with this old chestnut.

What occasion during this tournament has the conduct of England fans not been good? What do you consider to be arrogant? There's been debates raging on here all summer about whether or not the team have been doing well. I don't know one English person who has thought we're going to win a tournament before it starts since 2006.

As for the group game between the two, can you class a 0-0 as "dominating" your rivals?

Another contradiction to point out is you saying that you haven't qualified for 23 years but then were below par against the Czech Republic. You weren't below par. You've been really shit for over 2 decades.
The fact that you know people who thought the tournament was won before a ball was kicked in 2006 and prior to that is the arrogance I'm referring to. Well within memory for plenty of Scots and just a laughable thing to do as England have been eternal bottlers. Maybe not this year.. we'll see after what is definitely the toughest test of your tournament in Sunday.

We did dominate at Wembley, the best team doesn't always win but we played well and with heart on the big stage and that was a really joyous thing to see for Scotland fans. Try to empathise.

We were below par against the Czechs, we didn't take our chances and made mistakes at the back-something we've been better at under Clarke. No contradictions there.

The fact that you know people who thought the tournament was won before a ball was kicked in 2006 and prior to that is the arrogance I'm referring to. Well within memory for plenty of Scots and just a laughable thing to do as England have been eternal bottlers. Maybe not this year.. we'll see after what is definitely the toughest test of your tournament in Sunday.

We did dominate at Wembley, the best team doesn't always win but we played well and with heart on the big stage and that was a really joyous thing to see for Scotland fans. Try to empathise.

We were below par against the Czechs, we didn't take our chances and made mistakes at the back-something we've been better at under Clarke. No contradictions there.
A team containing Ashley Cole, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Michael Owen and a young Wayne Rooney should be and were considered to be amongst the favourites.

You say we’ve bottled tournaments which to me, suggests we should have done better than we have - but that’s arrogance? I’m confused.

We as a nation get it. You lot don’t like us and hope we fail. You go crazy because you get to a tournament but we’re not allowed to get excited when we qualify for 90% of them and almost always get out of the group.

You wish your national team were nearly as good as England because you’d like to be able to follow a good team, hence the reason why you attach yourself to an English club.

Watching it last night we all thought it looked a soft penalty at first but after they showed a replay from behind the goal you could see it was 100% a penalty.
That replay showed quite clearly the no 5's right knee hit Sterling as he was running and then the other defender took him out with a body check while Sterling was off balance from the initial contact. I was pretty hammered but don't remember it being shown more than once.
I can't quite believe this has been made out to be anything other than a 'stone waller'. Even in the video above you can see that one defender impedes his right leg and the other stops the movement of his left, all without touching the ball, how is that not a penalty? If either defender had tried to play the ball rather than the man then I could understand the 'soft' argument but they don't go anywhere near the ball.
Maybe if Sterling had stuck out his right leg to catch the defenders trailing leg a la Fernandes, Salah, Mane, Kane or Vardy it would have been talked of as 'clever play'.
It would be interesting to know whether the penalty was awarded against the number 5 or 24.
If you look at carefully, the knee of 5 catches the back of Sterling's knee, that knocks him to the left slightly onto the oncoming defender which takes him out. It's 100% a penalty, i don't think either of the defenders meant to take him out but it is what it is.

If you look at carefully, the knee of 5 catches the back of Sterling's knee, that knocks him to the left slightly onto the oncoming defender which takes him out. It's 100% a penalty, i don't think either of the defenders meant to take him out but it is what it is.

It is 100% a penalty as you say. I think how would I feel if it was given against us. And I would accept that. It was clumsy, no attempt for the ball, a foul.

Here we go again with this old chestnut.

What occasion during this tournament has the conduct of England fans not been good? What do you consider to be arrogant? There's been debates raging on here all summer about whether or not the team have been doing well. I don't know one English person who has thought we're going to win a tournament before it starts since 2006.

As for the group game between the two, can you class a 0-0 as "dominating" your rivals?

Another contradiction to point out is you saying that you haven't qualified for 23 years but then were below par against the Czech Republic. You weren't below par. You've been really shit for over 2 decades.
Booing the other sides jingles , the fa has been charged today for crowd disruption ,fans setting off fireworks and the lasaring of casper

Booing the other sides jingles , the fa has been charged today for crowd disruption ,fans setting off fireworks and the lasaring of casper
A few flares, bit of booing and one person pointing a laser at casper, hardly deserves being painted as a disgraceful set of arrogant fans. Thought the fans in wembley on the whole have been fantastic and last night they were great.

If you can't see number 5's knee contact Raheems knee then you need a trip to Specsavers. It is also enough with the other player coming from the other side to make him go down.
It's a penalty all day long. 100%
You can take your pick from either. Knee to knee. Hip to hip. It’s a penalty. He went down after the touches and so irrelevant. Anything else is denying the evidence.

I hate the way every interviewer say he's justified his selection. Not one other player has had to justify their selection in this England squad!
Especially Saka, or Sak of shit.

Runs after the ball like a fucking dog. Chases the exact path the ball follows and has no nous on where the ball is likely to fall. And I wish they would ask Mason a-Mount to fuck all if he’s justified his wasted playing time this tournament with his on-field spectating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.