Sterling : City not treated with same respect as Liverpool - Cites 0 PFA Awards despite titles

In Agüero’s first season in 2011-12, when he scored 30 goals including the greatest goal of all time.

Robin van Persie won POTS.

Kyle Walker won Young POTS!

In 2013-14 Yaya probably put in the best season anyone did all decade, scoring 20+ goals from midfield and was untouchable in almost every game.

Luis Suarez won POTS.

You’re missing the biggest problem with the 11/12 one. Aguero was up for player of the year and young player. He was the only young player nominated for both yet he missed out on both. Didn’t make sense. Never does make sense. I don’t think KDB would be overly arsed, others like Sterling clearly are though and rightly so. Happy he’s spoken out, hoping this shit with UEFA leaves all of our players biting back

Is this perhaps part of his thinking for wanting to go to Madrid? Recognition. To be considered the best, or at least one of the best. Going to Madrid can elevate players into that conversation. We like to think this stuff doesn’t matter but it’s clearly got to our players. If they want individual recognition, they realise City is not the best club to achieve that. I think it’s a driving force for Sterling openly admitting he will want another challenge in the near future.

Nah, he’s wanted Madrid since his Liverpool days.

He’s not had a good enough season personally to be the best player in the league to miss out and feel aggrieved. This seems to be on behalf of others.

Raz get us.

Both as a club and as fans.

Just waiting for the online dipper pile on him.

I hope he scores a HT against them.

Sterling and the rest of the team have spent the last 3 years hearing, "Yeah City are the best team but Liverpool player X is having such a good season and it's an individual award!!".

Now the roles are reversed and people are trying to push it on fucking Jordan Henderson because "It just has to be a Liverpool player, doesn't it? After the season they're having?".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.