Sterling or yaya against madrid?

Would stats be more realistic if you compare like for like positions in the team.
Yaya would more than likely be the player who gave the ball to the player
who gave assist because he's playing deeper than the forward players KDB sterling Silva
etc.??
Like for like. Yes good point. He's been playing a lot deeper than De Bruyne, Silva and Navas. Perhaps not fair to make a direct comparison. When he plays, he sets the tempo of City's passing. What you get with Toure is instant control and retained possession, but I feel it's in harmless areas of the pitch and his physicality is very poor. What I mean by that is that the highest quality games are played at such a sped that unless you have the baseline fitness, you can't make your technique count.

When I watch the best teams play, Bayern, Barcelona, Atletico I am struck by the sheer work rate of players when they lose the ball. There was a comment earlier counterposing energy with technique. The truth, I think, is that to be effective in the game now you need both. Toure covers his 10km per game by being in constant jogging mode but to be effective you have to be able to sprint repeatedly and that is what he doesn't do.

Can't remember the last time either of them played well. Months ago.

Christ, you really are thick. I've said I don't give a fuck about stats, that includes how many goals Toure scored in any given season. People pick and choose them to suit their needs. I watch enough of City live to know what I see. Yaya is better than Sterling, and by quite some distance. You are a fool if you can't see that. You want someone to play who runs around a lot. You've proved time and again that you hate Toure, so your view is absolutely tainted. I'd be stunned that if you went to games, you weren't in the third tier of the Colin Bell stand.

Love the way you have to make assumptions because someone dares to disagree with your view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.