Sterling or yaya against madrid?

I wonder if you said the same when Yaya scored 20+ goals in a season!!
Christ, you really are thick. I've said I don't give a fuck about stats, that includes how many goals Toure scored in any given season. People pick and choose them to suit their needs. I watch enough of City live to know what I see. Yaya is better than Sterling, and by quite some distance. You are a fool if you can't see that. You want someone to play who runs around a lot. You've proved time and again that you hate Toure, so your view is absolutely tainted. I'd be stunned that if you went to games, you weren't in the third tier of the Colin Bell stand.

Has to be sterling! We need de Brunye in the centre and sterling can do a defensive job on bale down the wing. Yaya shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11

Yaya has 5 assists in the Premiership. Silva with his ankle has 11. De Bruyne despite missing a third of a season has 9. Navas has 6.
Yaya plays deeper than all others mentioned so it would be an indictment on their part if Yaya had better assist stats than them. Pretty sure he has scored more goals than most on your list. The point about Silva's ankle is not worth mentioning because it would always lean towards sentiments rather than facts as Yaya has also played a reasonable number of games through pain. This will never be highlighted because of people's sentiments towards him. I'll give you 2 examples off the top of my head. Before Yaya was eased off vs
tottenham 1-4, he was clearly struggling
but people put it down to laziness. When
we were beaten by united 4-2, before he was eased off, he was struggling but people said he couldn't be arsed. Don't get it twisted, I know he has a serious weakness to his game but you make it seem like every other players issues is caused by him. Silva can't play well because Yaya doesn't support him and KDB came on the scene and showed why he ought not to have been shunted to the left all season, with or without 'support' from CM.

The stats are a measure of the players skill, not running around aimlessly.
Would stats be more realistic if you compare like for like positions in the team.
Yaya would more than likely be the player who gave the ball to the player
who gave assist because he's playing deeper than the forward players KDB sterling Silva
etc.??

Yaya will probably frighten them based on reputation. They might not be fully aware of his slide/slight regression. I remember he tore through them on his own a few times when we last played there.

I think we have to have some semblance of control on the game and can't afford to be outnumbered in the middle. Madrid will press more at home, so as much as I agree Sterling, KDB and Navas are a counter attacking threat, they could be out of the game if Madrid outnumber us centrally.

The game got away from us last week when Silva came off and we went 4-4-2. We got played through and got at.

I wouldn't be against us lining up as we did away at Kiev with Dinho at right back, with Yaya, Fernando and KDB playing centrally, although KDB would have to play slightly deeper than he is maybe used to. I just think Dinho can kill Marcelo out wide and it's an area we should be looking to exploit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.