Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Plain Speaking said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
That would be one shit joke. What I was saying and what I think you missed by some distance is that he will need around a month to get up to full fitness given the time out he has had and then he needs to adjust to the pace, we always see it with players that come from Serie A so that takes us to the arse end of April, we all expect him to contribute I just dont think we will see the real Jovetic this season. Of course I could be wrong he may be naturally super fit, find the league and the pace a piece of piss and stomp all over it but in reality I dont think it will be happening
I thought Jovetic looked really sharp on Saturday. As with his brief appearance at West Ham, he was giving the pass and finding space for the return but the other City players didn't seem on his wavelength. I don't remember him getting a return pass, especially with Kolarov.

Hopefully the more he plays with the first team squad, the better will become the understanding between them.

He will flourish wit Negrado and Aguero. I have no doubts about this lad.

He will flourish with Dzeko.

But I think he will be used on the left a lot because Nasri is injured.

From one of the links on NewsNow (I know, I know) but a promising snippet:

Montenegro international Stevan Jovetic joined Negredo in training, having felt no adverse reaction to his long-awaited return to first-team action.

If that's the case, he may well be "over the hump" as it were and we could have a tidy little player on our hands!

tumblr_mzzcrpzpIB1rpmjgvo1_1280.jpg

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Len Rum said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think in reality this will be a season that got away from him, but he will play his part but not expecting too much until next season now
You are joking. Given our fixture list we need this guy, and we need him now. We didn't pay £22m for him to have a sabbatical.
That would be one shit joke. What I was saying and what I think you missed by some distance is that he will need around a month to get up to full fitness given the time out he has had and then he needs to adjust to the pace, we always see it with players that come from Serie A so that takes us to the arse end of April, we all expect him to contribute I just dont think we will see the real Jovetic this season. Of course I could be wrong he may be naturally super fit, find the league and the pace a piece of piss and stomp all over it but in reality I dont think it will be happening
The other side to that is the opposition has started to wear out and he will be fresh.

Jumanji said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Len Rum said:
You are joking. Given our fixture list we need this guy, and we need him now. We didn't pay £22m for him to have a sabbatical.
The other side to that is the opposition has started to wear out and he will be fresh.

It's not just about Jovetic getting up to speed though. It's also about our other players getting to know Jovetic - what sort of runs he will make and where to run to when Jovetic has the ball. I noticed in the West Ham game, at times he was in space but Negredo, Lopez and Navas failed to spot him and give him the ball.

Re: Stevan Jovetic

George Hannah said:
Lucky Toma said:
"He came here with the illusion of playing in the Premier League"

You can say that again.
"He came here with the illusion of playing in the Premier League"

What was that?<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:17 pm --<br /><br />
Chippy_boy said:
Jumanji said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

It's not just about Jovetic getting up to speed though. It's also about our other players getting to know Jovetic - what sort of runs he will make and where to run to when Jovetic has the ball. I noticed in the West Ham game, at times he was in space but Negredo, Lopez and Navas failed to spot him and give him the ball.

He wasn't really there.....

The third goal was team goal, but Jovetic played a brilliant part. IMO City are too casual with throw-ins, not Jovetic by the looks of it. He runs behind a Spurs player as Clichy waits for a opportunity to take the throw, Jovetic steps out from behind, controls the ball, passes and the rest leads to a great team goal.

Keep it coming Jovetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.