Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
His return is a big boost at what is a vital time, but will he be ready to play games against Chelsea and Barca? He's played a minimal number of minutes and has little experience of this League

He could be decisive in the closing weeks though

If this was the start of the season and he'd just completed an injury free full pre season I would be saying that he needs to be given time to settle. He was the signing that most excited me, but also the one that I thought would take the longest to adapt to the PL.

I agree he could make a decisive contribution but I think it will be mainly from cameos. We shouldn't expect too much from him too soon.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think in reality this will be a season that got away from him, but he will play his part but not expecting too much until next season now
You are joking. Given our fixture list we need this guy, and we need him now. We didn't pay £22m for him to have a sabbatical.

Len Rum said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think in reality this will be a season that got away from him, but he will play his part but not expecting too much until next season now
You are joking. Given our fixture list we need this guy, and we need him now. We didn't pay £22m for him to have a sabbatical.
That would be one shit joke. What I was saying and what I think you missed by some distance is that he will need around a month to get up to full fitness given the time out he has had and then he needs to adjust to the pace, we always see it with players that come from Serie A so that takes us to the arse end of April, we all expect him to contribute I just dont think we will see the real Jovetic this season. Of course I could be wrong he may be naturally super fit, find the league and the pace a piece of piss and stomp all over it but in reality I dont think it will be happening

I think about Fernandinho start of the season.
A lot of people were concerned that he was not suited to our game.
However, after 5/6 starts his fitness levels are on par with everyone and he looks the business.
The same will apply with Jovetic.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Len Rum said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
That would be one shit joke. What I was saying and what I think you missed by some distance is that he will need around a month to get up to full fitness given the time out he has had and then he needs to adjust to the pace, we always see it with players that come from Serie A so that takes us to the arse end of April, we all expect him to contribute I just dont think we will see the real Jovetic this season. Of course I could be wrong he may be naturally super fit, find the league and the pace a piece of piss and stomp all over it but in reality I dont think it will be happening
I thought Jovetic looked really sharp on Saturday. As with his brief appearance at West Ham, he was giving the pass and finding space for the return but the other City players didn't seem on his wavelength. I don't remember him getting a return pass, especially with Kolarov.

Hopefully the more he plays with the first team squad, the better will become the understanding between them.

Plain Speaking said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Len Rum said:
I thought Jovetic looked really sharp on Saturday. As with his brief appearance at West Ham, he was giving the pass and finding space for the return but the other City players didn't seem on his wavelength. I don't remember him getting a return pass, especially with Kolarov.

Hopefully the more he plays with the first team squad, the better will become the understanding between them.

He will flourish wit Negrado and Aguero. I have no doubts about this lad.

Wed 29th Jan
20:58:

'And City are back in it and you can't say their second half performance doesn't merit it. Toure to Silva and a deft touch to Kolarov who gets the wrong side of Walker. His pinpoint missile of a cross steered effortlessly into Lloris's net by, who esle, Sergio Aguero. That's 26 goals for the season and City have the bit between their teeth.'

21:23

'The turnaround is complete and Manchester City may have secured a significant victory in their pursuit of the title through none other than Stefan Jovetic. His season may have been stop-start but he's just scored a peach of a goal; Silva involved again linking well with Yaya Toure and then Sergio Ageuro who spins Dawson and floats an inviting cross into the box. Jovetic, ghosting in on Walker's near-side takes it on his chest and, with Kolarov overlapping dangerously, arrows a shot inside Lloris's left hand post.'

21:31

'And there;s the final whistle and it cou;ld be a massive three points for City.'

munster said:
Wed 29th Jan
20:58:

'And City are back in it and you can't say their second half performance doesn't merit it. Toure to Silva and a deft touch to Kolarov who gets the wrong side of Walker. His pinpoint missile of a cross steered effortlessly into Lloris's net by, who esle, Sergio Aguero. That's 26 goals for the season and City have the bit between their teeth.'

21:23

'The turnaround is complete and Manchester City may have secured a significant victory in their pursuit of the title through none other than Stefan Jovetic. His season may have been stop-start but he's just scored a peach of a goal; Silva involved again linking well with Yaya Toure and then Sergio Ageuro who spins Dawson and floats an inviting cross into the box. Jovetic, ghosting in on Walker's near-side takes it on his chest and, with Kolarov overlapping dangerously, arrows a shot inside Lloris's left hand post.'

21:31

'And there;s the final whistle and it cou;ld be a massive three points for City.'

I wouldn't care if it came off his bell end if we won the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.