Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that Jovetic's return at this particular time may have been a master stroke by Pellers , rather more engineered ( pun intended) than he's letting on .
Can you imagine the psychological impact on the squad seeing him back , fit and well , knowing what the boy is capable of with such a run of seriously high profile fixtures coming up?
My brother-in-law is an arse st holder and when I reminded him that Jovetic was back he was quite alarmed to think of our already impressive squad belong bolstered by such a talent.

samharris said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
injured by quad? what did someone run him over?

Maybe someone else doesn't want him to be here....maybe time for a game of City Cluedo.

I reckon a woman expecting 4 babies fell on him..

PMSL... this is why I love this forum... always gems like this on here.

I saw jovetic on saturday. His positioning is excellent. Match fit he isnt. However watch and be entertained hes now ready.

Bodicoteblue said:
I have a feeling that Jovetic's return at this particular time may have been a master stroke by Pellers , rather more engineered ( pun intended) than he's letting on .
Can you imagine the psychological impact on the squad seeing him back , fit and well , knowing what the boy is capable of with such a run of seriously high profile fixtures coming up?
My brother-in-law is an arse st holder and when I reminded him that Jovetic was back he was quite alarmed to think of our already impressive squad belong bolstered by such a talent.

Tongue in cheek, I've been telling my lad that he is being saved for the second half of the season, seems you could be onto something there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9135563/manchester-city-striker-stevan-jovetic-determined-to-make-up-for-lost-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -lost-time</a>

Jovetic said: "It's much easier when you play and score goals but unfortunately for me it's not been a good way to start.

"But you have to stay calm, to believe in yourself, like I did.

"I know I can do so many good things for this club. I hope I will show that in the last four months until the end.

"We have a lot of games and I hope to get my chance, and I hope to play well.

"Of course I've wanted to score but I also need to say thank you to the guys.

"They've done so well in the Premier League and we are playing Barcelona in the Champions League.

"There's a lot of games, so hopefully we'll win a lot of trophies."

Jovetic is competing with Sergio Aguero, Alvaro Negredo and Edin Dzeko, who have scored 25, 23 and 16 goals respectively this term, for a starting spot.

"I'm happy for the other strikers who have got the goals. From now I want to get goals as well and get close to them," he added.

"I had one problem, and then another, but that is the past and I don't want to think about the past.

"I know my value and that the fans will love me."

He will add quality to our already strong squad at the business end of the season. Fantastic.

I really hope what Pellegrini says is true. That he can replace both Aguero and Nasri. We don't need 4 top strikers who can only play centrally.

BlueCityfan said:
I really hope what Pellegrini says is true. That he can replace both Aguero and Nasri. We don't need 4 top strikers who can only play centrally.
He can play on the left. Hopefully we can see this soon;

--------Kun-------Negredo---------
Jovetic------------------------Silva/Navas

His return is a big boost at what is a vital time, but will he be ready to play games against Chelsea and Barca? He's played a minimal number of minutes and has little experience of this League

He could be decisive in the closing weeks though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.