Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Call me old Mr. Unadventurous, but we don't need to shop for strikers, though I know the experts who watch millions of hours of football every week will clusterfuck the transfer forum this summer.

BosnianDiamond said:
cityok said:
TheProdigy2k9 said:
Seems like he's trying TOO many things at once but i've got no problem with that.
he really does look like a good player

weird isn't it, he sort of makes us look a bit shit without him, sort of mind.
Not sure if it's coincidental, but we started scoring after he came in.
It's not. They couldn't focus 2-3 defenders on Dzeko and it put our most creative attacking midfielders wide to create even more space.

Sigh said:
Call me old Mr. Unadventurous, but we don't need to shop for strikers, though I know the experts who watch millions of hours of football every week will clusterfuck the transfer forum this summer.
Well we still need to shop for other positions. ;)

impressed not only with him as a player but also his attitude to the team

Yeah there really is no need for other strikers, just sign Dzeko up again.

Jovetic's celebration was celebration of the season I thought

I love what i've seen of him. Was praying he'd get on for Milner or Nasri with plenty of time left and Pellers answered.

His energy, enthusiasm, confidence are top class. Off the ball he's always darting about looking for space, makes some sweet runs past the forwards too which will suit Merlin/Yaya even Nasri when we lack penetration at times.

Give him the ball to feet though and he does a wee here-we-go skip and then he's off running at people. So much so that sometimes i'm not sure if he could always play like this, or if it's due to trying to impress and make up for lost time.

Even when his final passes were going astray in earlier games you could see he just needs time to get to know his team mates and vice versa. When he does get tackled/lose the ball it never seems to dent his confidence, he just goes again next time. Direct as f*ck and I love it. Navas especially could learn a lot from him as he has the pace to terrify people if only he'd have a go at them.

He seems fearless and long may it last.

I really think that next season (barring injuries) he'll be like having a new signing. Can't wait :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.