Stevan Jovetic (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
I wonder how much it would have taken to get Reus too.

Would have been my number 1 pick this transfer window.

reus wont leave dortmund this year but next summer he will most def move.

he has a release clause set for summer 2014. german media speculates it is between 25mio and 37mio euros.

fantastic player

samharris said:
Pigeonho said:
richards30 said:
no its gone way too far for it not to go through imo. I think its just a big move for him and hes keen to come but don't forget hes god like in fiorentina so obviously doesn't want to sit on the bench or get 5 or 10 mins a game. hes not asking to guarantee starting every game but just that hes an important player.
Well this has become a bit of a Championship Manager forum, so maybe we could just email a screen shot of the 'you will be an important first team player' page when completing a deal? ;-)

Maybe someones tweeted him some of the comments on here and hes getting cold feet.. ;)
I think he's on Google now, wondering who the fuck Bernard is.

Optimus Prime said:
brotherblue said:
I would be happy if we signed him but I hoped we would go for

Di Maria
Lamela
Bruma
or
Bernard

Instead, and in that order.

We could get Lamela for similar or even less money and he really seems like a world class player in the making.

All im saying is that for this money we could have got some bette players

And for a bit extra millions we could have got Reus or Draxler all of whom are better than jovetic

No - we couldn't, I'm afriad.

Dortmund will not countenance any more sales of their first team this summer, hence their stance on Lewandowski. Reus has no release clause until next summer, so what Dortmund says, goes for this window. And Draxler, if you believe the press, has had his release clause met twice so far this summer (once by us, allegedly), subsequently turning both the moves down to stay at Schalke for a further season.

Lamela is a right winger/right sided forward - and we've already bought Navas for that role. What we needed was a left sided attacker, which is what Jovetic is.

Di Maria would have been great, but maybe he wasn't for sale. Its wrong to think that every player is available every Transfer Window - sometimes they aren't because the Manager/Club won't countenance selling them.

Bruma and Bernard I don't know enough about to comment really, but they are hardly proven players at the top level, which Jovetic is - so I can't really see the problem with his signing in relation to those two.

The original post wasn't worthy of your good reply mate.

samharris said:
Pigeonho said:
brotherblue said:
I would be happy if we signed him but I hoped we would go for

Di Maria
Lamela
Bruma
or
Bernard

Instead, and in that order.

We could get Lamela for similar or even less money and he really seems like a world class player in the making.

All im saying is that for this money we could have got some bette players

And for a bit extra millions we could have got Reus or Draxler all of whom are better than jovetic
I'm going to hazard a guess that until the thread on here came up about him, you had never heard of Bernard.

Only Bernard I knew of was Bernard Manning.. RIP.
breslaw? cribbens? ha just discovered bernard cribbens is from oldham, always thought he was a cock-er-ney

samharris said:
Pigeonho said:
richards30 said:
no its gone way too far for it not to go through imo. I think its just a big move for him and hes keen to come but don't forget hes god like in fiorentina so obviously doesn't want to sit on the bench or get 5 or 10 mins a game. hes not asking to guarantee starting every game but just that hes an important player.
Well this has become a bit of a Championship Manager forum, so maybe we could just email a screen shot of the 'you will be an important first team player' page when completing a deal? ;-)

Maybe someones tweeted him some of the comments on here and hes getting cold feet.. ;)

lol! hes coming no worries!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
GX Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:
I agree with GX Blue. If Garcia, Kolarov and Dzeko all start the same game we're never the same team.

BINGO! Whisper that though as if you dont say the whole team is fantastic you're not a true fan.
May I also agree with gx and bob
Kolarov..dzeko and garcia are fucking average at best..if people think these 3 are gonna get us to where we want to be then they need to wake up..distinctly average.i am happy with the signings but still feel we aren't dining at the top top table when it comes to purchases..sorry for being negative but jovetic..negredo are not better than tevez and mario imo...hope to be proven wrong.

I'm ok with us not dining at the top table to be honest. We won the effen league and cup in my 20 odd years following City - unbeeffenlievable. I think before then I was all anxious about us needing the top top names but since last year I'm just happy to be amongst the favourites and seeing the club itself become more advanced. We are now a very solid unit in every department.

Next season will determine how we feel about next season I think. I mean if we start very well we'll have hope and be disappointed if we don't win some honours. On the other hand if we start slow we might just accept next year as a step in a long journey. It'll be fun no matter whether we sign Bale and Ronaldo or Jovetic and Negredo. If anything for me at least I think the latter combination offers a tad more of the unknown and therefore more interest. Sure if it all goes tits up we can moan about it on here. CTID ! :-)

P.S. my big hope is to unearth a new Kinkladze type from out of no where. I was hoping for that Omar guy but doesn't look likely this season. Maybe next year one of the kids will offer that novelty.

wrongun73 said:
samharris said:
Pigeonho said:
I'm going to hazard a guess that until the thread on here came up about him, you had never heard of Bernard.

Only Bernard I knew of was Bernard Manning.. RIP.
breslaw? cribbens? ha just discovered bernard cribbens is from oldham, always thought he was a cock-er-ney

Blimey...so many Bernards..

Deal completed in the next 48hrs..... Or sometime over the weekend..... But it could end up sometime next week, possibly the week after.

@tancredipalmeri: The final price for Jovetic has been raised according to Sky Italy to 28m € cash+4m adds-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.