brotherblue said:
I would be happy if we signed him but I hoped we would go for

Di Maria
Lamela
Bruma
or
Bernard

Instead, and in that order.

We could get Lamela for similar or even less money and he really seems like a world class player in the making.

All im saying is that for this money we could have got some bette players

And for a bit extra millions we could have got Reus or Draxler all of whom are better than jovetic

No - we couldn't, I'm afriad.

Dortmund will not countenance any more sales of their first team this summer, hence their stance on Lewandowski. Reus has no release clause until next summer, so what Dortmund says, goes for this window. And Draxler, if you believe the press, has had his release clause met twice so far this summer (once by us, allegedly), subsequently turning both the moves down to stay at Schalke for a further season.

Lamela is a right winger/right sided forward - and we've already bought Navas for that role. What we needed was a left sided attacker, which is what Jovetic is.

Di Maria would have been great, but maybe he wasn't for sale. Its wrong to think that every player is available every Transfer Window - sometimes they aren't because the Manager/Club won't countenance selling them.

Bruma and Bernard I don't know enough about to comment really, but they are hardly proven players at the top level, which Jovetic is - so I can't really see the problem with his signing in relation to those two.

The original post wasn't worthy of your good reply mate.

Thanks mate - I don't know why I bothered, to be honest - but I just get riled by that attitude that any player is 'available' to us all the time just because they happen to play football for another Club at the moment, and that we could get them all if we wanted. It just bears no relation to reality whatsoever, but it seems to be the mindset of a lot of the modern breed of City fans, unfortunately.

Also, the concept of buying two right wingers just because they're both 'mint' or 'sick' or whatever, and then playing one of them out of position because you didn't buy a player to actually fill the position you needed to fill properly, like you should have done - I mean, that's Keegan Management in a nutshell, which is fun for a season or so, but soon falls apart under too close a scrutiny.

I think the Jovetic medical in Florence was likely just the team's pre-season evaluation on first day back from holiday. Not our medical.

Jovetic-City, ci siamo. L'a.d. Mencucci è a Manchester
Milano, 18 luglio 2013
Il dirigente viola è sbarcato in Inghilterra per definire la trattativa coi citizens. Poi il montenegrino firmerà col nuovo club

L'amministratore delegato della Fiorentina Sandro Mencucci è volato a Manchester per definire la trattativa tra Stevan jovetic e il Manchester City. Il montenegrino è quindi ad un passo dall'addio ai viola ed alla firma coi citizens.

Jovetic-City, here we go. The a. D. Mencucci is in Manchester
Milan, July 18, 2013
The manager is purple landed in England to define the negotiation with citizens. Then the Montenegrin will sign with the new club

The CEO of Fiorentina Sandro Mencucci flew to Manchester to define the negotiation between Stevan Jovetic and Manchester City. The Montenegrin is then a step from the Adda to the signature purple and with citizens.

Andouble said:
I think the Jovetic medical in Florence was likely just the team's pre-season evaluation on first day back from holiday. Not our medical.

Agreed - that's what it was originally reported as - a Medical with the Fiorentina Club Doctor, because he'd taken a knock on International duty, or something along those lines.

I don't know why it then seemed to change to being a Medical for City all of a sudden - that seemed highly unlikely considering by that point we apparently hadn't even agreed a fee with Fiorentina, or Personal Terms with the Player.

Would be an odd way of doing it, to get the Medical done before any of that, and I'm sure we'd want our Medical team to do it, rather than theirs!

Optimus Prime said:
Andouble said:

Agreed - that's what it was originally reported as - a Medical with the Fiorentina Club Doctor, because he'd taken a knock on International duty, or something along those lines.

I don't know why it then seemed to change to being a Medical for City all of a sudden - that seemed highly unlikely considering by that point we apparently hadn't even agreed a fee with Fiorentina, or Personal Terms with the Player.

Would be an odd way of doing it, to get the Medical done before any of that, and I'm sure we'd want our Medical team to do it, rather than theirs!
Sounds right to me too for what it's worth.

July 18th, 2013 @ 02:26 pm> Gianluca Di Marzio
↓ Leave a comment
The Premier League is ready to welcome Stevan Jovetic. The negotiation between Manchester City and Fiorentina striker goes on, they are discussing the bonuses. The cash figure is around 26 million, with 4 bonus. The English club would like to important goals, such as winning the Premier, the FA Cup and a number of important goals. The Parties shall discuss, Jovetic see the City.

Categories: Football

I'Bisteccaio said:
Jovetic-City, ci siamo. L'a.d. Mencucci è a Manchester
Milano, 18 luglio 2013
Il dirigente viola è sbarcato in Inghilterra per definire la trattativa coi citizens. Poi il montenegrino firmerà col nuovo club

L'amministratore delegato della Fiorentina Sandro Mencucci è volato a Manchester per definire la trattativa tra Stevan jovetic e il Manchester City. Il montenegrino è quindi ad un passo dall'addio ai viola ed alla firma coi citizens.

Jovetic-City, here we go. The a. D. Mencucci is in Manchester
Milan, July 18, 2013
The manager is purple landed in England to define the negotiation with citizens. Then the Montenegrin will sign with the new club

The CEO of Fiorentina Sandro Mencucci flew to Manchester to define the negotiation between Stevan Jovetic and Manchester City. The Montenegrin is then a step from the Adda to the signature purple and with citizens.

Fuckin barney?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.