Stevan Jovetic (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cityfan41 said:
Any snippets of news about Jovetic today?

@SkySportsPeteO
Manchester City closing in on signature of Stevan Jovetic with Fiorentina officials thought to be in England for talks with City.

Sky Italy says much the same but that it's his agent talking to City rather than Fiorentina - maybe the fee is agreed now.

City-Jovetic, trattativa in chiusura - I dirigenti del club inglese e l'agente del giocatore, Ramadani, cercheranno di sbloccare la trattativa nelle prossime ore.

Neville Kneville said:
Optimus Prime said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
May I also agree with gx and bob
Kolarov..dzeko and garcia are fucking average at best..if people think these 3 are gonna get us to where we want to be then they need to wake up..distinctly average.i am happy with the signings but still feel we aren't dining at the top top table when it comes to purchases..sorry for being negative but jovetic..negredo are not better than tevez and mario imo...hope to be proven wrong.

Kolarov, Garcia and (to a slightly lesser extent) Dzeko have been average since they joined City - I'll agree with that - but all have been good at previous Clubs, therefore its possible that Pellegrini thinks he can get something out of them. I like a Manager who feels he can actually improve players at his disposal rather than always taking the easy option and trying to buy a replacement.

Re: our (likely) current strikeforce vs our old, that's very much an 'on paper' comparison, and anyone knows games aren't won on paper. It rarely works having four top class strikers vying for two (or, more often than not, one) position in the team. If you look at the actual composition of most of the groups of strikers at the top clubs, they aren't four stellar names - they are a team of strikers who have different roles, and compliment each other.

Look at Bayern, who swept all aside last season. They had Mandzukic, Gomez and a 34 year old Claudio Pizarro as their strikeforce. Would you genuinely have been excited about buying any of those?

Even the Rags had two star names in van Persie and Rooney, and two much lesser strikers in Wellbeck and Hernandez. Barca had Messi, Villa (who was out for most of the season) and Pedro. Juventus had a right gaggle of oddities, including Anelka, Bendtner, Giovinco and Quagliarella, headed up by their only genuinely first class striker in Vucinic.

In reality, having four big names - and big egos - doesn't work, and it didn't work for us last season, as neither Dzeko or Balotelli performed to their abilities because they were both pissed off with their roles in the team. We essentially managed two star strikers in Aguero and Tevez, and pissed the other two off - with negative repercussions on the whole team.

I see what we are doing here as building a properly functioning team, rather than a load of names which look good on paper. Aguero, Dzeko and Negredo as our out and out strikers, with Jovetic, Nasri and Silva as our supports, looks far better balanced than what we had last year.

Out of Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, the only two who had any kind of even slight understanding of playing together, was Aguero/Tevez. Any other pairing was just two blokes playing as individuals, no partnership whatsoever.

It was a dreadfully poor selection of players, mainly because of the choice of Balotelli, who is a total loner & Mancini's seeming lack of interest in doing anything about it when it became apparent. If Balotelli had been Negredo or Jovetic, there is a fair chance we would have had two or even Three more partnerships (I recon Negredo can even play With Dzeko) & in the case of Jovetic, the ability to play three together. We tried Balotelli as a bogus left sided player, but he only performed in the cup final.

All of Pellegrini's signings are genuine, intelligent, 'manager at work' signings, which have all the attributes needed to play together & vastly improve the team. Even if he proved to be inadequate as a manager, his choices would leave the next manager with fantastic options.

If we get Jovetic, this could be our best transfer window so far.

Agreed mate - its good to see that other fans appreciate what we're trying to do this summer, and that there's a clear strategy to it, rather than just amassing a load of big names on ridiculous wages and hoping their natural talent carries us to success.

We're building a team - its not as much fun for the Transfer Junkies, but its the right way to build a more sustainable, longer-term success for the Club.

id be shocked if doesn't get done, EVERYTHING is pointing to him joining us, just sit back and wait, these things take a while

have been told he wants assurances that he will get good game time. surely in the bigger games he would start for us?

Neville Kneville said:
Optimus Prime said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
May I also agree with gx and bob
Kolarov..dzeko and garcia are fucking average at best..if people think these 3 are gonna get us to where we want to be then they need to wake up..distinctly average.i am happy with the signings but still feel we aren't dining at the top top table when it comes to purchases..sorry for being negative but jovetic..negredo are not better than tevez and mario imo...hope to be proven wrong.

Kolarov, Garcia and (to a slightly lesser extent) Dzeko have been average since they joined City - I'll agree with that - but all have been good at previous Clubs, therefore its possible that Pellegrini thinks he can get something out of them. I like a Manager who feels he can actually improve players at his disposal rather than always taking the easy option and trying to buy a replacement.

Re: our (likely) current strikeforce vs our old, that's very much an 'on paper' comparison, and anyone knows games aren't won on paper. It rarely works having four top class strikers vying for two (or, more often than not, one) position in the team. If you look at the actual composition of most of the groups of strikers at the top clubs, they aren't four stellar names - they are a team of strikers who have different roles, and compliment each other.

Look at Bayern, who swept all aside last season. They had Mandzukic, Gomez and a 34 year old Claudio Pizarro as their strikeforce. Would you genuinely have been excited about buying any of those?

Even the Rags had two star names in van Persie and Rooney, and two much lesser strikers in Wellbeck and Hernandez. Barca had Messi, Villa (who was out for most of the season) and Pedro. Juventus had a right gaggle of oddities, including Anelka, Bendtner, Giovinco and Quagliarella, headed up by their only genuinely first class striker in Vucinic.

In reality, having four big names - and big egos - doesn't work, and it didn't work for us last season, as neither Dzeko or Balotelli performed to their abilities because they were both pissed off with their roles in the team. We essentially managed two star strikers in Aguero and Tevez, and pissed the other two off - with negative repercussions on the whole team.

I see what we are doing here as building a properly functioning team, rather than a load of names which look good on paper. Aguero, Dzeko and Negredo as our out and out strikers, with Jovetic, Nasri and Silva as our supports, looks far better balanced than what we had last year.

Out of Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, the only two who had any kind of even slight understanding of playing together, was Aguero/Tevez. Any other pairing was just two blokes playing as individuals, no partnership whatsoever.

It was a dreadfully poor selection of players, mainly because of the choice of Balotelli, who is a total loner & Mancini's seeming lack of interest in doing anything about it when it became apparent. If Balotelli had been Negredo or Jovetic, there is a fair chance we would have had two or even Three more partnerships (I recon Negredo can even play With Dzeko) & in the case of Jovetic, the ability to play three together. We tried Balotelli as a bogus left sided player, but he only performed in the cup final.

All of Pellegrini's signings are genuine, intelligent, 'manager at work' signings, which have all the attributes needed to play together & vastly improve the team. Even if he proved to be inadequate as a manager, his choices would leave the next manager with fantastic options.

If we get Jovetic, this could be our best transfer window so far.

Completely agree with that. Fast inventive winger, left footed poacher, powerful box to box midfielder and creative left sided player - our four biggest obvious gaps all covered.

Realistically Kolarov is about good enough to be a back up left back (competition for Bertrand, Buttner, Gibbs and maybe Assou Ekotto)

Garcia is good enough to be a fourth choice midfielder (Anderson, Mikel, Huddlestone)

Dzeko is more than good enough to be a second/third choice striker (look at his scoring record and how often he is the top scoring player in international competition) competition of (Welbeck, Torres, likely Giroud and Defoe)

It's a great squad and you will need worse players on the bench than in the first team.

Hart
Zab Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
Fernandinho Garcia
Silva Aguero Jovetic
Dzeko

That team would still win most games.

richards30 said:
have been told he wants assurances that he will get good game time. surely in the bigger games he would start for us?

Still looking likely then, or are you hearing he's getting cold feet about the move?

larderland said:
Pigeonho said:
larderland said:
well the video of him arriving for a medical and saying goodbye to friends after a meal kinda gives away the whole hes coming to us thing
Until it's done though, they're just covering their backs I suppose, or not jumping the gun so to speak.

oh i know, but the english media really kfa when it comes to transfers

Especially the fucking Judean peoples Goal.com...splitters, the Newsnow front of Judea are far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.