Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Hope it is true, but sorry to say Mediaset isn't the greatest source. We'll see but there's more tangible evidence of us prying Osvaldo from Serie A than Jovetic at the moment.

You're being kind to Mediaset . They are notorious for their unreliability.

Jovetic is rated at €30m by Fiorentina and currently have received, over these last few weeks no less than three bids. Two from Juve, one from Napoli. The Juve bids were of around €15m and two players thought to be worth in the region of €7m combined.

Reports from GdS, CdS and T/sport at different times since early June have stated these offers to have been received by the Viola and rejected, stating that unless the player offered in exchange could improve their starting XI then they would seek cash only bids that meets their asking price.

He's a very fine player and would grace any top clubs in Europe. Someone like PSG or Monaco might just put in a sneaky €27.5m bid in the next few days and the Tuscan club might just for for it. A chief reason would be the immense satisfaction they would get from snubbing the Bianconeri. They have long memories and the Baggio affair still rankles.

The only problem, according to well placed sources, is that the player himself has publicly stated that he wants to be wearing the black and white stripes next season. Not too unlike the guy who held out for Bayern, despite reported interest from Manure and a few other clubs.

This is one of the reasons why so many transfers move into drawn out sagas a la Sanchez, Fabregas Lewandowski and Isco. There must be a dozen or two of these every Summer.

Mayor West said:
conormcfc said:
Much rather have him than Negredo.

I'd much rather have the player more likely to score lots of goals. Therefore Negredo it is.

I think the question more pertinent for us is how to best facilitate Aguero scoring lots of goals. A second striker like Negredo? Or one like Jovetic? Or even a second striker at all?

I'd rather have Jovetic, but only because he's got untapped potential and would be more exciting. I think what we see is what we get with Negredo, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it!

Mayor West said:
conormcfc said:
Much rather have him than Negredo.

I'd much rather have the player more likely to score lots of goals. Therefore Negredo it is.
Not that I'm advocating for Jovetic necessarily or against Negredo necessarily but I don't believe Negredo had scored 20 goals in back to back seasons has he?

NQCitizen said:
Daz_Blue said:
Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo, Dzeko

Giudetti on loan ....

Happy with that

Yeah that's the 4 I'd choose. Add a back up defender and call it a day.

Would very happy to go into next season season with that forward line. Not too many changes, new blood, some slightly different options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.