Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolee said:
Cobwebcat said:
Rolee said:
We don't have to do anything we don't want to do.

Answer me honestly though, have you seen him play much?

Pellegrini seemed impressed with him a few years back, even remarking that he'll be a "revelation".

I'm not sure what qualifies as "much" but I've seen him maybe eight times. Perhaps I missed the ones where he played well and stood out. He did very little in the ones I watched and if we want a goal scorer then there are loads of players better than him.

Cheers for the response. Like I've said I think he's ideal for us, gives us so many options up top but each to their own.

Exactly. I hope I'm wrong.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:36 am --<br /><br />
cgh said:
Can't believe people doubting Jovetic and even worse suggesting Benteke over him.

This would be perfect for me:

759545_Manchester_City.jpg

I've left Garcia and Maicon out as I'm really not arsed whether they stay or not. Higuain seems unlikely but can't see why we're not linked with him, great team player.

High wages probably.

Not seen a lot of this guy: almost every time I tried to catch a Fiorentina match, he seemed to be absent.

Not quite sure what the basis if his rep is but he does not seem to have much pace and his goal conversion stats for last season are poor (11%).

Someone mentioned his versatility and that may be his best selling point but does not appear to have the level of ability of the recently departed Tevez.

Mind you, I don't think we will ever see a striking quartet of the talent of Mario, Kun, Tevez and Dzeko in the squad again: it's actually a bit OTT; especially if we move to 4-3-3.

Rolee said:
Dzekolol said:
Is that right he only scored 35 goals within five years for Fiorentina?

His stats are very average!

Put some context on it. He spent his first season on and off the bench when he was settling in. He missed a season with a cruciate and he played the majority of last season on the left.

This lad is quality, no guarantees he'll make it in PL but there's no denying his talent.

I can't make a valid judgment on the lad because I've never seen him play. But if we are buying him as a striker his stats are a bit worrying; Never scored more than 14 in his 5 seasons at Fiorentina - if MP sees him playing elsewhere (out on the left) then I admit these stats have less significance. If his lack of goals in 5 seasons are down to injuries then for me that's just as worrying.

Quick question Tolm.

We were led to believe that this summer the club wouldn't make the same mistakes as last summer, make a big statement and also aquire targets early. Has the strategy now changed or are we still on track?

Not seen alot of this lad but he reminds me of Tevez a little, Looks very crafty around the box and most importantly he looks a TEAM player. However i still think we need a poacher, so if this lad came i'd still expect someone else to come in if Dzeko was to be sold.

Aguero/ Jovetic/ Negredo? Lamela? Villa?/ Guidetti

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I don't see anything in this lad, not good enough.

In fact, with the exceptions of Vidal, Montolivo, Marchisio and Cavani (and yes, I may have missed a couple more) would not touch a single other player in Serie A.

And that's from a person who loved to watch the Italian teams of the 80s and early 1990s.

Well TH I saw him a few times about 2 years ago, especially when he ripped Liverpool apart over there.

He had a bad injury the season before last so that may have had an effect on him.

I won't be disappointed if he signs for us.

jknight said:
his stats are a bit worrying; Never scored more than 14 in his 5 seasons at Fiorentina - if MP sees him playing elsewhere (out on the left) then I admit these stats have less significance. If his lack of goals in 5 seasons are down to injuries then for me that's just as worrying.

Considering the fact that his main position is attacking midfielder, I think his stats is quite good.
It`s only this season he's been pushed forward as a main striker from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.