Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Dave Watson said:
Quick question Tolm.

We were led to believe that this summer the club wouldn't make the same mistakes as last summer, make a big statement and also aquire targets early. Has the strategy now changed or are we still on track?

Suppose it depends what your definition of a big statement is?

Fernandinho and Navas, primary targets, and £45m spent before pre-season training.

The only strategy to have changed is that we now have a manager who is able to offer and suggest alternatives to every player overpriced by £20m

Mancini did not have this ability. He saw the best, he didn't care what it cost, and he stamped his feet accordingly.

ljones15 said:
Not seen alot of this lad but he reminds me of Tevez a little, Looks very crafty around the box and most importantly he looks a TEAM player. However i still think we need a poacher, so if this lad came i'd still expect someone else to come in if Dzeko was to be sold.

Aguero/ Jovetic/ Negredo? Lamela? Villa?/ Guidetti

That's a shit forward line compared to:
Aguero/Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko.

And we struggled with enough goals last season with that for most of it! Where are we going to find an extra 30 or 40 goals from this season?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Quick question Tolm.

We were led to believe that this summer the club wouldn't make the same mistakes as last summer, make a big statement and also aquire targets early. Has the strategy now changed or are we still on track?

Suppose it depends what your definition of a big statement is?

Fernandinho and Navas, primary targets, and £45m spent before pre-season training.

The only strategy to have changed is that we now have a manager who is able to offer and suggest alternatives to every player overpriced by £20m

Mancini did not have this ability. He saw the best, he didn't care what it cost, and he stamped his feet accordingly.

If last years signings are anything to go by, it obviously didn't work.

I don't know why people constantly listen to no nothing ITK's. They know as much as me, fuck all. Tolmie pal, where is Isco and Sanchez? Still wanting to come to City? Thought not.

As for Jovetic, he is class. Don't see why people have to base their judgment off stats alone. May as well go and buy Darren Bent then! Jovetic would definitely improve our side 100%.

citizens_1976 said:
I don't know why people constantly listen to no nothing ITK's. They know as much as me, fuck all. Tolmie pal, where is Isco and Sanchez? Still wanting to come to City? Thought not.

As for Jovetic, he is class. Don't see why people have to base their judgment off stats alone. May as well go and buy Darren Bent then! Jovetic would definitely improve our side 100%.
Mate please don't go bad mouthing individuals who go out of their way to give us any information they know... as we all know a deal can go sour at any point so lets not go on a witch hunt and try and start a keyboard fight cool? Appreciate your thoughts on jovetic.. I think he will be awesome!

Jovetic isn't class, his goal record for Fiorentina will testify
that. I'd just put all our efforts into getting Negredo, that's
if we ever get round to putting a bid in.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 pm --<br /><br />We need an out and out goalscorer, Jovetic won't be that
man I'm afraid to say.

It's getting ridiculously boring to read how he's not better than Isco due to his scoring rate. Isco scores less.

Or - he's not better than a certain striker due to his scoring rate. He's not really a striker.

Jovetic is a good player, it'd be like having a more direct, younger Nasri added to the squad who can cover for striker injuries. Balance on the left and competition for places are two more areas that needed improving after Navas and Fernandinho solved the others. All that's left is a poacher to get.

birchwoodgingerste said:
With the rise of adam ljajic florentina will do the deal i exspect him to be a blue by thursday.

Reminds me of this I saw yesterday... Llajic is the one United 'signed' then didn't sign.

2013%2f7%2fLjajic-Jovetic.jpg

Jovetic is still a quality player but his goal scoring slowed in the second half of the season. He still has loads of potential to evolve into a great player, that's what scouts of top clubs see and why there is a lot of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.