Steve Bruce

Any remember when he was manager at Huddersfield and they won at Maine Road to go top of the League?

Their fans were lauding him as the second coming!!!

He is one of those ex-players, who has scraped jobs solely of the back of him being a top class player. A bit like Roy Keane really. Comes across as having little knowledge about tactics or which players to buy. Only works well when under guidance and being told what to do.

Said it pre-season, that they will go down and nothing has changed.

If you rely on Brown and O'Shea to stop the goals and a 19 year old to score them, then you are in trouble.

Not just the fact that he spent £8m for a 19 year old to score there goals, but also that he let there most potent striker go on loan.

Doesn't have the bollocks to do the job much longer.

Sunderland have splashed out 135m in the last five seasons on players - this is huge and a sign of the ambition they have had. Bruce has blown it big time as even after all that money spent they are still a mid-table team. Yes I know he wasn't there for the start of the spending but he has spent more money than even Arsenal each window he's been there. With that sort of money, a manager like Jol, O'Neill, or maybe even Hughes could have made them a top 6 side.

Or what would this man have turned them into with a fair amount of money I wonder?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/31/roberto-mancini-sunderland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... sunderland</a>

I quite like him as a person from what I've seen. He's quite open and honest in interviews and doesn't hide behind cliches, like other managers. But I can't stand his constant whingeing about refs.

As a manager I'm less convinced. He did a great job at Wigan and unearthed some gems like Palacios, Valencia, Figueroa & N'Zogbia as well as getting them to 11th.

However at Sunderland he has looked out of his depth and hasn't bought terribly well. This is his third season, when it should all start coming together, and they should be nailed on for a top-ten finish. If they don't get that then I suspect he's for the push.

They were asking Sunderland fans about him the other day and many said he is on the verge and some said time for a change.
One fan summed it up when he said he seems to buy an entire different team every summer.

Personally think he is a poor manager

Henry Chinaski said:
And i dont know if anyone has noticed but he is turning into Chief Wiggum.

No, no... Wiggum is much better looking.

He'll be out soonish and Sparky won't go to Sunderland. He'll see it as a step down from Fulham. O'neill... I'm not too sure about him going to Sunderland either.

leighton said:
Its not looking good for him. I think Martin O Neill might end up there some time this season. Cant see Hughes going there if Bruce goes he wont think the Sunderland job is a big job for him after walking out on Fulham he wont go near Sunderland.

Sunderland have a bigger ground, better support and some ambition to surpass Fulham's. I don't think O'Neill will end up there. I think he'll shock a few people and go to Leicester or Forest.

Villa would've been a more reasonable option for Hughes but they risked supporter backlash by appointing McLeish.

Salford_Blue said:
Any remember when he was manager at Huddersfield and they won at Maine Road to go top of the League?

Their fans were lauding him as the second coming!!!

He is one of those ex-players, who has scraped jobs solely of the back of him being a top class player. A bit like Roy Keane really. Comes across as having little knowledge about tactics or which players to buy. Only works well when under guidance and being told what to do.

Said it pre-season, that they will go down and nothing has changed.

If you rely on Brown and O'Shea to stop the goals and a 19 year old to score them, then you are in trouble.

While I agree Keane was a top class player Bruce was not otherwise he would have played for England, one of my rag mates has always maintained that Bruce and Pallister are two of the most overrated players to have played for them. He says it was no coincidence that Peter Schmeichel made so many one on one saves with them playing in front of him.
I agree he's a shite and vastly overrated manager BTW

Good mate of mine supports Sunderland. 2 things most of their fans seem to agree on. Henderson is shit and they robbed Liverpool of 20 million for him.

Bruce has done a shit job and they want rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.