Steve Bruce

Pigeonho said:
aguero93:20 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I don't mind Bruce. My dad met him once and he took the time to discuss my nephew, who at the time had just been released by QPR. It was when Bruce was managing Wigan. Dad (as he is most adept at) blagged his way in to Wigan's training ground and he managed to locate Bruce, who took quarter of an hour to discuss my nephew's best options, when he was perfectly entitled to tell my dad to get to fuck.

He looks like a candidate for an early heart attack, mind. I heard from a couple of people in the game a few years back that him and his wife are both heavy drinkers.

As to the Rooney goal, I'm certain if he'd scored Tetey's and vice-versa the media plaudits would still be on Rooney. I certainly don't remember Figueroa getting anything even resembling this praise for what was a far better goal than the granny-banger.
Yeh I've met him, he's sound, die-hard manure fan but at least he's open to admitting it.
Bruce? I thought, (presumed actually), he was a Toon fan?
Nah, maybe he was earlier in life but he's never mentioned them, always had a bit of banter over city and that shower of shite though.

Bruce has a sense of humility about him which gains him respect. Solksjaer, what how Bruce conducts a post match interview and learn you arrogant, done nothing twat!

Had a good laugh with him at the airport a good while back. He used to live in Bramhall in a gated complex with two dummies in the boxes either side of the gates. He laughed when I said that someone had told me that he used to let on to them for ages. Not a bad bloke for an ex Rag.

I went to school with his son Alex. Always remember him coming to Alex up from a friends birthday party and asking him for his autograph whilst I was wearing my brand new City kit (I was 8 years old). He laughed, called me a cheeky so and so and signed it. Met him a few times after that, always came across as a top bloke.

On a different note, Kasper Schmeichel went to my school as well. Peter would often turn up at various event and was great but his wife was a proper woman, always gobbling off about United when ever she could. My old man ended up working for the school and gave her a proper mouthful one day, put the sour faced cow right in her place!!

Danjo said:
I went to school with his son Alex. Always remember him coming to Alex up from a friends birthday party and asking him for his autograph whilst I was wearing my brand new City kit (I was 8 years old). He laughed, called me a cheeky so and so and signed it. Met him a few times after that, always came across as a top bloke.

On a different note, Kasper Schmeichel went to my school as well. Peter would often turn up at various event and was great but his wife was a proper woman, always gobbling off about United when ever she could. My old man ended up working for the school and gave her a proper mouthful one day, put the sour faced cow right in her place!!

Was she a manc too what she look like?

I find him quite likeable after watching his interviews but uses the word 'wor' far too frequently.

I went to the 'Steve Bruce Soccer School' a couple of times as a kid. He'd always turn up for one or two afternoons and join in the sessions. Out of about 100 lads across all age groups I was the only Blue (I grew up in Bedford, so full of Utd fans as you can imagine). Obviously I wore my shirt and took a lot of shit for it. Bastard never, ever passed me the ball, either. One time he shaped up to as I was screaming for it, and then went "Naaaa" and passed it the other way!

Each time we were given little signed photos of him. One was defaced very rapidly when I got home, the other I gave away to a mate.

My parents said that they did speak to him on one occasion and that he was a really nice, grounded bloke. To be fair, I don't really mind him now, either. Comes across well enough, and I think he's a decent manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.