Steve Bruce

mac said:
Pigeonho said:
mac said:
Was it any better than yaya's or the Norwich one( tettey I think ).he hit it at what was really an open goal.the other 2 had more skill and technical ability.
Not seen the Norwich one, but to say Yaya's goal was better is blue-blinkered, imo. Yaya's goal was superb, yet again from him, but to hit it from where he was compared to Rooney is a damn sight easier, again though not to take anything away from yaya before I get labeled a 'rag ****' or something equally as immature. I couldn't care less if it was Rooney, Aguero or Grant Holt for Villa - to score from the half way line is top quality, shit keeping or not. If Aguero had scored that, not many would be pointing to the keeper, it would simply have been the goal of the season in the way many are claiming Rooney's could possibly be.

Point still stands though, the goal, as good as it was, hasn't been rammed down our throats like I thought it would be.
I have to disagree pidge,yaya's is better because it involved the team, it was practiced on the training field so to then deliver it with ease shows that they work hard in training.also most of of the fulham team were in front of yaya.i hate the rags with a passion but I don't wear blue specs if I see an special individual or team performance.wazzas (can I call him that as everyone else is ) was a good goal but owed a lot to a tosspot keepers positioning.anyhow hope all the media are talking about yaya tomorrow.( for the right reasons)
Ah but that's just peoples differing opinions on what a great goal is. You are right, too, Yaya's goal was high-quality for those reasons. Thing is though people notice the spectacular more than they do quality passing, for example, as spectacular happens once in a while.
As it goes, I think Yaya's v Sunderland was the best i've seen from anyone this season, simply because it is literally the only place he could put it to beat Manone, and beat him he did - in spectacular style.

I think you will get your wish tomorrow. Yaya of late seems to be stepping up to the mark at the crucial point of the season - and I think tonight will be one of his best games yet, hopefully rounded off with another top-corner strike.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Wooney´s effort has a tad more of the bizarre than the brilliant for me. The keeper way out of position and the passage of play leading up to it reinforce this idea. I´m sure that those of us who´ve played regularly from school days to adulthood have wellied one in like that on some far flung playing field somewhere. I distinctly remember one at junior school which came to me on the centre circle, sat up and just asked to be transported via the laces and stratosphere towards goal. Hit the underside and bounced in - lovely - couldn´t have hit it any better. Of course it did help back in those days that the goalie was no more than 3ft 13 and a half tall but the point I´m making is that most of the time that effort would have sailed or bounced over the bar. Beckscum´s chip for instance was far more measured and calculated and required pinpoint precision as well as being on the deck so he wasn´t able to just punt it and hope.

I agree, the ball's sat up nice for Rooney and he's thought "worth a try", whereas Beckham looked up, spotted the keeper off his line and sent the ball on a planned trajectory such that it dropped over Sullivan (?) and into the goal. Beckham's was measured, Rooney's was fortunate.

kenzie115 said:
Wooney´s effort has a tad more of the bizarre than the brilliant for me. The keeper way out of position and the passage of play leading up to it reinforce this idea. I´m sure that those of us who´ve played regularly from school days to adulthood have wellied one in like that on some far flung playing field somewhere. I distinctly remember one at junior school which came to me on the centre circle, sat up and just asked to be transported via the laces and stratosphere towards goal. Hit the underside and bounced in - lovely - couldn´t have hit it any better. Of course it did help back in those days that the goalie was no more than 3ft 13 and a half tall but the point I´m making is that most of the time that effort would have sailed or bounced over the bar. Beckscum´s chip for instance was far more measured and calculated and required pinpoint precision as well as being on the deck so he wasn´t able to just punt it and hope.

I agree, the ball's sat up nice for Rooney and he's thought "worth a try", whereas Beckham looked up, spotted the keeper off his line and sent the ball on a planned trajectory such that it dropped over Sullivan (?) and into the goal. Beckham's was measured, Rooney's was fortunate.
Would you say the same if it was Aguero? Would Beckham's have been better then, and would you have bitten the head off anyone who said it was a hit and hope?

Pigeonho said:
kenzie115 said:

Would you say the same if it was Aguero? Would Beckham's have been better then, and would you have bitten the head off anyone who said it was a hit and hope?
I'd say Aguero's v pool last year was better actually Pidge.

aguero93:20 said:
Pigeonho said:
kenzie115 said:
Than Rooney's? I'd go with that, yes.

Pigeonho said:
kenzie115 said:
Jim Melrose's from the edge of the centre circle beats all. V notts county.

Rooneys goal was top class, to take it on the half volley, no knowing whos behind him and from about 40 yards out was top class. If Balotelli scored it he would be crowned the best player in the world on here. Only Olly Fucking Murs comes close to my hatred for the granny shagger.

I don't mind Bruce. My dad met him once and he took the time to discuss my nephew, who at the time had just been released by QPR. It was when Bruce was managing Wigan. Dad (as he is most adept at) blagged his way in to Wigan's training ground and he managed to locate Bruce, who took quarter of an hour to discuss my nephew's best options, when he was perfectly entitled to tell my dad to get to fuck.

He looks like a candidate for an early heart attack, mind. I heard from a couple of people in the game a few years back that him and his wife are both heavy drinkers.

As to the Rooney goal, I'm certain if he'd scored Tetey's and vice-versa the media plaudits would still be on Rooney. I certainly don't remember Figueroa getting anything even resembling this praise for what was a far better goal than the granny-banger.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I don't mind Bruce. My dad met him once and he took the time to discuss my nephew, who at the time had just been released by QPR. It was when Bruce was managing Wigan. Dad (as he is most adept at) blagged his way in to Wigan's training ground and he managed to locate Bruce, who took quarter of an hour to discuss my nephew's best options, when he was perfectly entitled to tell my dad to get to fuck.

He looks like a candidate for an early heart attack, mind. I heard from a couple of people in the game a few years back that him and his wife are both heavy drinkers.

As to the Rooney goal, I'm certain if he'd scored Tetey's and vice-versa the media plaudits would still be on Rooney. I certainly don't remember Figueroa getting anything even resembling this praise for what was a far better goal than the granny-banger.
Yeh I've met him, he's sound, die-hard manure fan but at least he's open to admitting it.

gordondaviesmoustache said:

Yeh I've met him, he's sound, die-hard manure fan but at least he's open to admitting it.
Bruce? I thought, (presumed actually), he was a Toon fan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.