Steven Ireland - my apology - I was wrong

I spent most of the season before last defending Stevie (on another forum).

Even though he was inconsistent then I could see he had the talent to succeed and our best performances in the 2nd half of Sven's time in charge (scum, Pompey, Spuds) coincided with great games from SI.

He and Robbe linked up really well in many game towards the end of last season and I can see him becoming one of the best players in Europe (world?) if he continues to improve as he did last season.

Long may Stevie Ireland be a City player; it's great to see another Academy graduate doing so well for us.

Geniuses will always do unpredictable things....'Superman' is no different....that's how they turn into legends. Steven Ireland has 100% honest, blue blood. He is a City Legend in the making.

Fantastic article mate, really good read and has got my weekend off to a top start!

Good post.

Stevie has turned City career around. That's the benefit of having 'British' players in the side who have feelings and really understand what football means to the masses ans that is not just about how much money they can squeeze out of the game.

I can't ever see Elano doing something similar.....

Vienna_70 said:
I spent most of the season before last defending Stevie (on another forum).

Even though he was inconsistent then I could see he had the talent to succeed and our best performances in the 2nd half of Sven's time in charge (scum, Pompey, Spuds) coincided with great games from SI.

He and Robbe linked up really well in many game towards the end of last season and I can see him becoming one of the best players in Europe (world?) if he continues to improve as he did last season.

Long may Stevie Ireland be a City player; it's great to see another Academy graduate doing so well for us.

THIS. I used to have stand up rows with the people who sit around me about him because I always rated him. Not saying I'm a football genius but you could just see he had great feet and touch, he just needed a new attitude and to be fitter/stronger which he now has and it's all down to his hard work.

Immaculate Pasta said:
I am glad to say i stuck up for him so much the last couple of years even getting called clueless when i said this lad will be one of Europe's best.

He is a LEGEND!!

^^

To be fair, sir, if memory serves, there was me, thee, and a handful of others on here who could see what he had in him, and continued to say so. He's not just work rate, he's got a Brazilian line in technique, and his vision for a pass is top drawer. Some of very his best City goals (eg the last minute volley at Reading, that volley vs Sunderland, the chip v Fulham) came under Sven.

High five, mate ;)

Stevie, if you're reading, thank you for doing what you do, keep up the good work all round. Please make sure you don't over do it- everyone needs a rest sometimes. Best of luck for next season, fella x

Always showed great promise and blessed with great technical ability, showed glimpses in Sven's season and was a revelation last. Struggled in some games last season but a lot of demands put on him, never had the chance to be rested and it was easy to forget that he's still a youngster. I was suprised when he was nominated for 'young' player of the year but I guess having been with City so long you think of him as being older. Just imagine how good he can be when he hits his prime.

Good on ya Stevie a true credit to you and City and a huge vote of thanks to Hughesy for stopping the move to the Mackem's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.