Steven Ireland - my apology - I was wrong

ratherdeadthanred

I have not posted much recently but the story on Ireland has forced me to do something I have been meaning to for a long time.

This time last year superman was linked with sunderland, £5 million was the amount and I would have ripped their arms off, I imagine I speak for many, he came across with a "party boy" "I dont care attitude" (Johnson take note), I heard the rumours of how he was training for the upcoming season but thought he would be one of the first to fall with Hughes in charge.

Then the season begun he was comfortable on the ball, his vision to play a ball had improved, he was much stronger, and developed his shooting boots, the opposite had some how happened to what i thought was going to with Ireland and Hughes working together. They went hand in hand and Hughes' training worked a treat.

The crazy wackyness of Ireland is something we love, the cars, the tatts, and the pants make him unique, my perception of him was totally wrong and just could not see past it

he has his own website which sells absolutley shit loads of stuff for Francis House which I must say is a brilliant cause, how many other city players do something like this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stephenireland.com/shop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stephenireland.com/shop/</a>

Not only that but hes pictured here in training for the new season in a madeline mccan shirt, he doesnt have to do this but chooses to regardless

article-1194140-0567762A000005DC-758_224x423.jpg

The guy is a model pro, the stories on here of how kids have knocked on his door and he went out for a kick about with them make me love him even more, he loves city and I love him

All the bullshit regarding the national team I find laughable, the fact is the National team need Ireland much more than Ireland needs the national team, all it takes is Trappatoni to make one call yet he cant be arsed so fuck them, and then we move onto Steven Fucking Hunt! in case no one has told that short arse hairy fuck Ireland is 10 times the player he is and ever will be , so I would like him to concentrate on himself and shitty reading in the future instead of being a jealous ****.

We all forget Ireland is only 22, he has 2 young children and the weight of the world on his shoulders, idiots like me should cut the guy some slack hes currently killing himself working for next season, I wonder where Johnson is right now? probably getting pissed.

Ireland is the one to watch, Colin Bell was before my time yet videos of him that I have watched remind me much more of Ireland than Johnson, the speed in which he got across the pitch to score against Hamburg was world class something which Johnson in my opinion could never do

My mouth is drooling at the thought of Barry and Ireland next season because both will compliment each other beautifully

I cannot wait, I was wrong and Ireland is going on next seasons home + away + third shirt

Let's hope you're posting a similar message about Johnson this time next season.

Top post. The guy has turned almost everyone's opinions (those that were negative anyway). His dedication and determination to improve himself as a player is inspirational to anyone in any walk of life. You put the work in and you will reap the rewards. Not only is that setting a great example to the kids of today, it made me realise that if I upped my workrate in my daily grind then I'd see the benefits too and I have.

Not only that, he seems to have grown as a person as well. I doff my cap. For a 29 year old bloke I get rather emotional thinking about it all.

Thanks Superman. You've restored my faith in footballers. I love you.

Don't worry, I've told Stephen Hunt!

I emailed his website a few weeks ago when he was mouthing off again & left him in no doubt as to what a talentless, thugish little waste of a life he is! I wish I had kept a copy of it, it was something of a work of art!

He never emailed back though - thats just bloody unfriendly if you ask me!

;-)

Great post mate good read, but maybe you should try and cut Johnson a bit of slack, considering you used to think similar of Stevie.

ratherdeadthanred said:
We all forget Ireland is only 22, he has 2 young children and the weight of the world on his shoulders, idiots like me should cut the guy some slack hes currently killing himself working for next season, I wonder where Johnson is right now? probably getting pissed.

Neil McNab's Tash said:
Spoke with one of the groundsman who told us that Michael Ball and Michael Johnson were in the gym working away.

Top post.

I too wanted him out at the start of last year, but I had good reason to tbh, that season under Sven, he wasn't great and his head was fucked up, all the lies about his gran and so on... I just thought his career was going down the shitter, but it's a credit to him that he himself could see he was poor and needed to sort himself out and his determination and commitment in doing so is unbelievable. He's now my second favourite City player since i've been watching City after Tiatto. Fuck Kaka, this guy is a legend and a future world player of the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.