Still angry

I'm with you. I had looked forward to todays game all season but after Sunday and Wednesday have decided to give it a body swerve. It would have entailed a 500 mile trip and a stop over which I have been doing all season and i'm afraid I have had enough for this season. I got an email a couple of days ago from the club asking me to comment on every aspect of my match going experience. No 1 is that I want to watch a Manager and a team of players who give 100% effort every game they play. I am worried that the club is losing sight of the fundamentals in their journey to being a huge global brand. Pep will bring a great improvement but it does say a great deal that we are looking at one man to save us. By now, we should have developed a winning mentality and culture of excellence in the first team squad. The fact that we are miles from that demonstrates piss poor leadership from the DoF down through the coaching staff. Thats a worry to me because Pep will not be here for ever. I dont expect us to win everything, but with the infrastructure and financial clout, I do expect us to compete for everything and I truly mean compete, not the tepid, lazy, half arsed, clueless, gutless performances that have peppered this season. Hope to hell we win but honestly don't expect to. Next season cant come soon enough.

Totally agree mate, it shouldn't take Pep to come in to Instill work ethic and fight for the shirt and mentality at the club-that should already be there,something is fundamentally wrong at the club and it needs sorting out once and for all .

It's a disgrace.

We have missed an incredible opportunity to dominate English Football over the last 5 years, we have won 2 titles, but the reality is we could and in my opinion should have won 2 more.

I've not read the entire thread but for what it's worth I was there on Wednesday and was disgusted at what unfolded in front of me, a team of big time cosseted Charlie's with no professional pride or guts strolling around, complete disrespect for the supporters or staff that will be there long after they've retired to their mansions and supercars. The sooner yaya fecks off with his agent and birthday cake the better, you don't like it here well I've got news for you pal you can do one, thanks for everything but do one. I'll struggle to clap those wage thieves today, hopefully pep can undo the damage caused by pellegrini and reinstate some pride in the shirt.

We have missed an incredible opportunity to dominate English Football over the last 5 years, we have won 2 titles, but the reality is we could and in my opinion should have won 2 more.

Yep totally agree, it's mentality mate, they think they've made it, we haven't come close to the PL title for two seasons now despite spending big money.

Apart from Joe, Sergio,Fernandinho, Nacho,KDB,Clichy, Silva and Vinny I'd fuck them all off.

Reality and opinions offen differ for many reasons

We have failed and I am 100% certain our owner feels the same.

The coming few weeks will show that, I expect many changes on and off the pitch, the excuses and bullshit have to stop

We have failed and I am 100% certain our owner feels the same.

The coming few weeks will show that, I expect many changes on and off the pitch, the excuses and bullshit have to stop
We are simply far, far too nice, on the pitch and off it.
Cut out all the crap, become utterly ruthless and no longer accept mediocrity and that go's with the fans aswell.

If Pep wants Auguero, Heart, Silva and Kompany out, so be it, I have complete trust in him.

I'm amazed at just how good some fans think our players must be that they can stroll around, not trying and yet still win a trophy, get further in the champs league than any time in our history and still be in 4th place in the premier league ahead of Klopp's hero's dipper pool.

Wow, we can even not try and only get beaten 1-0 over two legs by the 10 times winners of the champs league.

Just how much would they have to 'not try' to get relegated, finish bottom of the champions league group and get knocked out of the first round of each trophy!!?

We won the CC then got taken apart by Liverpool in revenge, we should have expected they would be up for it- they battered us and that's another example of resting on your laurels because we thought we had made it by winning a trophy , they are fightless shitbags.

I was just sitting here watching a replay of the Sunderland v Chelsea game, which turned out to be a fantastic game with a team scrapping and fighting for their footballing lives overcoming a team of stars (congrats Stockport Mackem by the way).

The grit, passion, courage and teamwork displayed by the no name Sunderland team led by Jerome Defoe would have made every Sunderland supporters proud. City supporters are no different. What we want is to know that every one of our players has left everything on the pitch for that 90 minutes. We want to know that they truly care about fighting for the club and the fans.

This season has seen a slow descent and the ultimate victory of the pipe and slippers brigade. Everything about the club reeks of comfort and a gravy train. Pampered players lulled into a state of sleepwalking, a manager who shows no real fight on the sideline (I am sorry but I want a manager on the sideline who rides every tackle, who is switched on from the beginning of the game to the end), and hangers on behind the scenes who continue to be well paid by supporting this holistic approach.

While I would like City to win every game, I would be satisfied if I felt that the players and manager gave 100% every week. We all know that this hasn't happened this year, and this has led to this thread and the multiple threads criticising the approach of the team.

I am at the point where I don't care who we get rid of. I would rather get beaten with the EDS squad trying their guts out, than have these pampered pooches strolling around each week.

If it means Pep wants to get rid of even Merlin (my favourite player) and replace him with a cheap no name player who will fight and fight, then so be it. Pep needs to reshape the entire culture of this club. It's a huge task, and it won't happen overnight, but if there is anyone that can do it then it is Pep.
Good post!

I've felt like this since Burnley away last season. Pellegrini's personality, style football and blasé attitude has rubbed off on the team and we've signed poorly for years which has meant the quality of the team has gone backwards coupled with this far too laid back approach in every inch of the first team squad and it has resulted in us being in this situation.

The life has been sucked out of this club by Begiristain and Pellegrini. The football is shite, the players are given no direction or gameplan and no reprimands when they're shite. Even Soriano to a certain extent, who has done a better job than those other two and is far less guilty, has continually rinsed the fans for our money and all those people behind the scenes who aim for this Americanised/children's theme park "matchday experience" which I hate and with these last two I can see why those thousands of fans have fallen away from our support (didn't PB say once that only about 20000 original SC holders from the move to The Etihad remain to this day?).

But then as a result of those first two it's resulted in a team of players who don't know what they're doing. The frustrating thing is that they haven't had it within them to say "right this isn't good enough". They've just floundered away, seemingly, without a care in the world. I feel less and less of an affinity with the players because if this. Like you say, it's getting to the point where I don't care who leaves. If we had Charles Joseph John Hart (he needs to be captain of this club now Kompany is too unreliable to stay fit, never mind selling him for someone who can pass nicely!), Fernando Luiz Roza and nine new outfield players and a bench of EDS players I think we'd be going in the right direction!

I've enjoyed this season less than seasons in previous decades when we were shite and sometimes really shite. I've enjoyed being in lower divisions more than I've enjoyed this season. And we've won the FL Cup and got to the CL semis. But it's true! I saw better preparation, organisation and gameplans from Joe Royle and seen more fight from Andy Morrison, Gerrard Weikens, Kevin Horlock, Paul Dickov and Shaun Goater than I have our shite manager and bunch of prima donna players!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a group of players who moaned, wined and eventually downed tools because they didn't like Mancini. They got what they wanted in Pellegrini - a soft touch - but now they pick and chose when they bother to play. Pellegrini ( and all of us) have been let down by the players for the last two seasons. Pep demands everything from his players and he won't get what he wants from the majority of this sorry bunch so there will need to be major changes in the weeks ahead - 7 or 8 (including some big names) will have to be out of the door - ( and the owners will take a bath financially moving some of them on) otherwise by the end of preseason we will have another player revolt on our hands when the prima donnas realize what is expected of them under Pep. I suspect all is not well inside the club at the moment in and around the first team squad - it needs Pep to come in and clear the decks; we have gone backwards at an alarming rate since the last title but have spend a fortune in the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.