Still need another centre back in Jan

Bobbies Black Bins said:
No way any centre back playing in the Cl will leave in January.

Cahill or Samba is the best available at a resonable price for me.

Ajax out of the CL so Vertonghen could be got for £12-15m which is reasonable for a very promising defender. Dortmund also out but I can't imagine Hummels being so cheap.

MikeF said:
How about giving Savic a bit of a chance before we decide?? Mad idea I guess

Correct.............mad.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:40 pm --<br /><br />
Ntini77 said:
I rate Hangeland quite highly, but didn't realise he is 30.

Thiago Silva trade for Tevez would be nice. :)

Thanks for that.

zlaz3r said:
Hummels is the only one that can do it for me...
Personally, I'll take Vertonghen over Hummels. He is a better skilled player. Perhaps not as athletic as Hummels, but has better ball skills, and will improve us in more areas and thus overall.

kompany10 said:
anyone who thinks we dont need a centre half just because were top of the league is silly, our owners want to become 1 of the top 2 or 3 teams in the world, to do that we need a world class centre half next summer to partner vincent, lescott has been class and i love the guy however to be one of the worlds best you need more than good defending, you need to be good on the ball and quicker, hes also not got age on his side anymore, tiago silva or matts hummels in the summer would turn us into a complete side.
Thats exactly what i mean i dont think lescott will do good against champions league class strikers like Benzema or Higuain.Hummels will be my option hes young and cheaper then Silva.

Dax777 said:
zlaz3r said:
Personally, I'll take Vertonghen over Hummels. He is a better skilled player. Perhaps not as athletic as Hummels, but has better ball skills, and will improve us in more areas and thus overall.

I don't know what all the fuss is about with vertonghen.
I hate having a centerback who got a reason for going forward, in this case vertonghen loves to get forward, it might cut it in netherland, but i dont think it will in the prem.
Hummels is young and makes the odd mistakes once in a while, but he has one of the best football brains for a player in his age.
In my opinion Hummels would be perfect for us.

zlaz3r said:
Dax777 said:
zlaz3r said:

I don't know what all the fuss is about with vertonghen.
I hate having a centerback who got a reason for going forward, in this case vertonghen loves to get forward, it might cut it in netherland, but i dont think it will in the prem.
Hummels is young and makes the odd mistakes once in a while, but he has one of the best football brains for a player in his age.
In my opinion Hummels would be perfect for us.
i know.if we want to be one of the top teams in the world we need a top CB partnership in the back.eg real madrid have pepe and ramos,barca have puyol and pique,the rags have vidic and ferdie. in my opinion we should have a partnership of Vinnie and Hummels.

Chelsea and Spurs have shown the most interest in Vertonghen but now Newcastle in for him too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.