Stock up on bog roll here we go again

Im just waiting for the "How did they make a vaccine so quickly. Im not taking what must be an experimental vaccine" stances appearing.

Do you remember when it was sold as a "curing" vaccine by the likes of Biden and Maddow before the world's MSM conveniently wiped that nonsense from their memory banks?

I was the first on here to say it would not 'cure' covid as it was a 'leaky' vaccine and it would, eventually, become like the common cold.

I said that when people like Shit Bird West Diddy was shouting that info down. Now he parrots it as his own like what's happened was a total success!

For some viruses it does. For others it doesn’t. What’s the fatality rate for non-vaccinated patients infected with rabies?

Did I say all vaccines were useless? No. I don't proclaim it to be.

But I took in the info from the actual developers of said vaccines (i.e., covid) who will tell you the pros and cons of these things, not the companies or MSM selling the vaccine as a cure at the time.

But there's, literally, posters on here calling the scientists that innovated the vaccine for covid 'lunatics'/ 'conspiracy theorists'!

Do you think it did with covid?

If so, why so many bouts of getting covid again? I got it once, pretty bad and again super mild. No vaccine.

My ex, vaccinated, got it around four times. We both have comorbidities.

Yes, it's anecdotal, but my body fought it off and learned.

Are you saying the immune system doesn't learn to recognise illness by itself?

Yes. the entire point of a vaccine is to teach the body's immune system how to recognise and fight a virus. the immune system does what it does the same way it does it if you get the virus without having to actually fight the virus at the same time.

Many of the side effects people talk about form the vaccine are just the side effects of the immune system ramping up to fight the invader the same way it does with a live virus. in some cases the covid vaccine emulated the virus too well and caused similar damage to the body that the virus did, for example there are a few ( really just a few ) cases where the vaccine caused MS as the immune system started to attack the myelin sheath around nerves the same way the virus caused in some people due to the spike protein of the virus having similarities to the myelin sheath.

As for why so many bouts of Covid. its down to Human biology and the virus's mutations. the immune system takes 5 days to re identify an invader that it knows how to fight and start to produce antibodies ( closer to 7-10 days when its an unknown virus). When the virus mutated to Omicron the incubation period for the virus dropped to about 1.5/2 days on average. so by the time the body has identified the invader to build antibodies the virus is in full symptomatic swing.

After the virus has been defeated the body keeps producing antibodies for about 3 months then stops. so you have active defence for those 3 or so months.

Due to the wall of immunity caused by the 1st/2nd virus waves and vaccine programs we are now in 3/4 months waves of the virus due to antibodies dropping off.

Talking annecotally, I know 4 people who didn't get vaccinated, each have had it 3/4 times. My parents who are up to date with all boosters have never had it.

Last edited:
Do you remember when it was sold as a "curing" vaccine by the likes of Biden and Maddow before the world's MSM conveniently wiped that nonsense from their memory banks?

I was the first on here to say it would not 'cure' covid as it was a 'leaky' vaccine and it would, eventually, become like the common cold.

I said that when people like Shit Bird West Diddy was shouting that info down. Now he parrots it as his own like what's happened was a total success!

I remember Biden talking crap in 1 interview yep. No expert ever said covid would be wiped out, just that they hoped it could be. and it could well have been in the 1st variant as the incubation period was long enough to allow for the body to fight the virus off before becoming symptomatic ( when people are most contagious ). the virus mutations killed that idea off when the Delta variant arrived and took the incubation average down to 3/4 days.

Thing is, Biden is a politician not an expert in virology. I also remember Boris Johnson saying it was nothing to worry about before going round shaking hands in a covid ward. guess what happened to him.

Edit there are also mutations that have made the virus different enough that it evades the bodies memory of the virus so has to start all over again.

Last edited:
Apparently this Monkey pox is passed on by close contact..If they were that worried, then they should just stop all flight to those regions until its under control. But they won't until they've scared the bejeezus out of everyone

I remember Biden talking crap in 1 interview yep. No expert ever said covid would be wiped out, just that they hoped it could be. and it could well have been in the 1st variant as the incubation period was long enough to allow for the body to fight the virus off before becoming symptomatic ( when people are most contagious ). the virus mutations killed that idea off when the Delta variant arrived and took the incubation average down to 3/4 days.

Thing is, Biden is a politician not an expert in virology. I also remember Boris Johnson saying it was nothing to worry about before going round shaking hands in a covid ward. guess what happened to him.

Edit there are also mutations that have made the virus different enough that it evades the bodies memory of the virus so has to start all over again.

I appreciate us not getting into dickish arguments.

Just read the last five pages of the thread, and some discussion on this topic in another (economics) forum I frequent, and have come to one conclusion:

As it stands, humanity is well and truly fucked when the next major pandemic hits.

To be fair, it’s probably well and truly fucked, anyway, given the intensifying Dunning-Kruger effect across regions and knowledge domains.

But the next pandemic is likely to be the quickest destruction event, simply because of the growing distrust in expertise and rejection of historical analysis in favour of rage politics and anecdotal belief systems.
I think morons are still in the minority. They just make a lot more noise.

There's really no hope for people who can’t bring themselves to acknowledge peer reviewed statistics and research that prove that vaccines have saved millions of lives, and would rather believe in complex conspiracies and anecdotal stories based on the experience of a handful of people.

When the next pandemic hits maybe it’s for the best that they all go out and infect each other. It’s a logical consequence of Darwinian natural selection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.