Stock up on bog roll here we go again

Is the survival of the 'once lethal, now common cold without a vaccine' question a bit too much for you?

Dumb ass.
I think you should show a little more respect young man. West dids has a 100% record of being correct on the internet, an enviable record and you would to well to respect that.

As the great Mac Davis once sang, 'Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way'.

Just to be 100% clear, at no point have I ever linked my two kids long covid with vaccines. I simply said they had been vaccinated. As far as I know nobody has scientifically proven that vaccines cause LC in some people. My response to @west didsblue was prompted by his assertion that covid should be treated like the common cold. I took exception to that solely because of the associated risks of LC to some (a point that he acknowledged).

Just read the last five pages of the thread, and some discussion on this topic in another (economics) forum I frequent, and have come to one conclusion:

As it stands, humanity is well and truly fucked when the next major pandemic hits.

To be fair, it’s probably well and truly fucked, anyway, given the intensifying Dunning-Kruger effect across regions and knowledge domains.

But the next pandemic is likely to be the quickest destruction event, simply because of the growing distrust in expertise and rejection of historical analysis in favour of rage politics and anecdotal belief systems.

Last edited:
Just read the last five pages of the thread, and some discussion on this topic in another (economics) forum I frequent, and have come to one conclusion:

As it stands, humanity is well and truly fucked when the next major pandemic hits.

To be fair, it’s probably well and truly fucked, anyway, given the intensifying Dunning-Kruger effect across regions and knowledge domains.

But the next pandemic is likely to be the quickest destruction event, simply because of the growing distrust in expertise and rejection of historical analysis in favour of rage politics and anecdotal belief systems.

Yep. This thread epitomises why I canned twitter and Facebook.

Agreed.

As I said many many times on the various Covid threads over the years, it might make me heartless but I have absolutely zero problem at all with thick anti vaccine people dying. Good riddance basically.

I’m more worried about the wider social and economic impact than the deaths of conspiracy loons.

I am not going through that load of bollocks ever again.

I am 78 years old and will not sit in my house all day.
I think I need to get my eyes tested. I read that as you weren’t prepared to shit in your house all day bearing in mind the thread title

Agreed.

As I said many many times on the various Covid threads over the years, it might make me heartless but I have absolutely zero problem at all with thick anti vaccine people dying. Good riddance basically.

I’m more worried about the wider social and economic impact than the deaths of conspiracy loons.
It’s called natural selection.

Yeah, he's an absolute fool that one.

My kid is suffering from long covid too and he's 15. Told his mum to let his body fight the illness and build 'blueprints' to resolve other similar illnesses. Ignored me.

Now he's been opened to bouts of other illnesses cos the jab lowered his immune system. I've been saying it since he got ill and doctors denied the connection until his new consultant fully agreed with me that he never needed the jab at his age.

His younger brother, with more comorbidities, never had it and has been fine.

Are you trying to say here that a vaccine doesn't teach the immune system how to fight the virus?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.