Stockport Council regrading

It makes me smile when I read criticism of public sector workers.

Nobody in the private sector has a fookin clue what shit pay we have, what responsibilities we have, what shite we have to put up with. Do it for a few weeks and then come back and tell me what you think.

The Departments are run by Senior Managers, not the ones on the front line.

mackenzie said:

Nobody in the private sector has a fookin clue what shit pay we have, what responsibilities we have, what shite we have to put up with. Do it for a few weeks and then come back and tell me what you think.

Here, here.
Though as a senior manager in a small rural local authority, I can tell you it is not an easy job.
I rarely get to do the job I was originally employed to do. I find myself continually chasing performance targets set by a government that does nothing to help us improve services, or else I am writing briefing papers for Council Members who are looking for areas of the budget to cut but after much arguing will not have the bottle to actually cut!
At some point I will be criticised by the heirarchy for neglecting something in the day cut that has not got done because I have been distracted by some other senseless guff.
the hardest thing of all is when the public get abusive to me or one of my colleagues because they think we are a load of work-shy, coffee drinking tossers.
Sadly, council employees are an easy target for the public and local press to slag off.

andy h said:
mackenzie said:

Here, here.
Though as a senior manager in a small rural local authority, I can tell you it is not an easy job.
I rarely get to do the job I was originally employed to do. I find myself continually chasing performance targets set by a government that does nothing to help us improve services, or else I am writing briefing papers for Council Members who are looking for areas of the budget to cut but after much arguing will not have the bottle to actually cut!
At some point I will be criticised by the heirarchy for neglecting something in the day cut that has not got done because I have been distracted by some other senseless guff.
the hardest thing of all is when the public get abusive to me or one of my colleagues because they think we are a load of work-shy, coffee drinking tossers.
Sadly, council employees are an easy target for the public and local press to slag off.

And having to put up with druggies, alcoholics, etc etc who are pissing and shitting on the chair opposite; some people don't have a clue.

We do our best to clear these people up and guide them on. And occasionally lead them to someone or something that can help them.

But we are just Public Servants who are irrelevant it seems.

sounds like you guys need to book some time off sick with stress, get a few months marked off in red on the holiday chart ;-)

TOFTHELADS said:
sounds like you guys need to book some time off sick with stress, get a few months marked off in red on the holiday chart ;-)

You joking or what?

If we have sick leave then it's investigated.

get with the times eh?

TOFTHELADS said:

Trouble is, when you go back there will be all the emails and letters stacked up coz no one covers your stuff when you are away.

just put your out of office on..... "i'm currently off sick cos twatting good for nothing councillors like you keep mailing me and i have stress. If your request is urgent then tough shit as no one answers correspondence in this shit hole whilst people are off on the pat and mick - get some polyfiller and fill your own feckin pot hole in"

wht else do you do ?
apart from making up scurrilous colonel blimp style lies about honest hard working low paid public ervants

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.