stockport county

mancityvstoke said:
kev20971 said:
jimharri said:
And you've just contributed to those 39 pages, even though you're presumably not bothered about County.
I was asking the question, time as moved on and we are a million miles away from each other (in football terms) and yet people are still going on about County !

it's likely that those of us who remember will keep remembering.

Best you ignore this thread if it winds you up so much.
It doesn't wind me up, i just think it sad that people are still upset by some games against County back in the 90s . yes be upset at the time or a for a couple of years, but after all this time ! it's like being in your 40s and being still upset with some guy that you went junior school with because he pinched your pen . I also remember City getting beat by most of the local side around the same time, Yes County fans laughed at the time and yes they are not laughing how, but i'm looking forward City playing Bayern Munich in the champions league, not looking back to games about 15 years ago ! ps "best ignore this thread" so if i don't agree with you, i can't have a say ?

Alan Oakes Shinpads said:
East Level 2 said:
kev20971 said:
What i don't get is why we are still so bothered about County ! we are playing in the champions league and yet 39 pages about a team in the conference north.
Because part of the fun in football is nurturing grudges long after those who were involved in the initial incidents have forgotten all about it.
For example my hatred for Middlesbrough is based on a scary visit to Ayresome Park in 1974 not just because the town is a chemically scarred, post-apocalyptic wasteland populated by a collection of zombies and mutants.

Was that the League Cup semi final 1st leg ?

that was 1976.......74 was plymouth in the semi

-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:53 pm --

kev20971 said:
mancityvstoke said:
kev20971 said:
I was asking the question, time as moved on and we are a million miles away from each other (in football terms) and yet people are still going on about County !

It doesn't wind me up, i just think it sad that people are still upset by some games against County back in the 90s . yes be upset at the time or a for a couple of years, but after all this time ! it's like being in your 40s and being still upset with some guy that you went junior school with because he pinched your pen . I also remember City getting beat by most of the local side around the same time, Yes County fans laughed at the time and yes they are not laughing how, but i'm looking forward City playing Bayern Munich in the champions league, not looking back to games about 15 years ago ! ps "best ignore this thread" so if i don't agree with you, i can't have a say ?

you cannot compare nicking a pen with attacking blues mate and i never said you cant have a say now did i?

mancityvstoke said:
strongbowholic said:
Irrespective if there is any love lost or not, what a fucking terrible situation they are in. Given where they were to where they've dropped, there's a genuine chance they could go out of business isn't there?
All very sad really.
What home gate are they getting now compared to when they were doing well?

This season they've had 2,561 and 3,317 so an average of 2,939 which is about four times the average for the division.

East Level 2 said:
mancityvstoke said:
strongbowholic said:
Irrespective if there is any love lost or not, what a fucking terrible situation they are in. Given where they were to where they've dropped, there's a genuine chance they could go out of business isn't there?
All very sad really.
What home gate are they getting now compared to when they were doing well?

This season they've had 2,561 and 3,317 so an average of 2,939 which is about four times the average for the division.

what were they getting when we were local rivals?

mancityvstoke said:
East Level 2 said:
Because part of the fun in football is nurturing grudges long after those who were involved in the initial incidents have forgotten all about it.
For example my hatred for Middlesbrough is based on a scary visit to Ayresome Park in 1974 not just because the town is a chemically scarred, post-apocalyptic wasteland populated by a collection of zombies and mutants.

kev20971 said:
mancityvstoke said:

you cannot compare nicking a pen with attacking blues mate
And County fans are not the only fan to attack City fans, you could point the finger at most teams fans, if you are unlucky and the wrong place it could happen anywhere , Millwall 98/99 locked in their ground for about a hour after that night match , then kick off at Maine Road, yet no threads about Millwall !

kev20971 said:
mancityvstoke said:

kev20971 said:

And County fans are not the only fan to attack City fans, you could point the finger at most teams fans, if you are unlucky and the wrong place it could happen anywhere , Millwall 98/99 locked in their ground for about a hour after that night match , then kick off at Maine Road, yet no threads about Millwall !

Most of us hate them too lol. Are you serious? Your comparisons are strange. Millwall don't live next door.

mancityvstoke said:
kev20971 said:
mancityvstoke said:

Most of us hate them too lol. Are you serious?
just making a point, fair enough you hate everybody, for me them games with County are in the past now, i'm looking forward to winning the league (hopefully) and maybe winning the champions league (hopefully) County "live next door" but are a million miles away in football terms,

kev20971 said:
mancityvstoke said:
kev20971 said:

just making a point, fair enough you hate everybody, for me them games with County are in the past now, i'm looking forward to winning the league (hopefully) and maybe winning the champions league (hopefully)

Now I hate everybody? ffs I give up.

Fuck Stockport county....in a Stockport County thread.

mancityvstoke said:
kev20971 said:
mancityvstoke said:
just making a point, fair enough you hate everybody, for me them games with County are in the past now, i'm looking forward to winning the league (hopefully) and maybe winning the champions league (hopefully)

so it's just a none league team you hate, time to move on mate and leave it all in the past

kev20971 said:
mancityvstoke said:
kev20971 said:

so it's just a none league team you hate, time to move on mate and leave it all in the past

nope...sorry to disappoint you. City have all sorts of history and I won't be leaving that in the past either.

You've clearly never been on the receiving end of the deluded ragesque bile they STILL dish out regularly.

You obviously weren't in The Ash in Reddish when their BOYS (out of season) attacked it looking for Reddish blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.