Stockport County

Would support them V United but that's about it. Those back in the day friendly's were the end for me, attacking City supporting women and kids while we are filling their coffers, they used to be the weird family at the end of the street that had fallen on hard times that you felt sorry for. Not any more, glad they are out of the league proper and hope that they stay in a state of perpetual nonentity misery.

Would support them V United but that's about it. Those back in the day friendly's were the end for me, attacking City supporting women and kids while we are filling their coffers, they used to be the weird family at the end of the street that had fallen on hard times that you felt sorry for. Not any more, glad they are out of the league proper and hope that they stay in a state of perpetual nonentity misery.
I could not agree more, non league for ever hopefully. I remember some years ago when there was a suggestion that they might play home games at Maine Road, a group of overweight middle aged blokes filmed in a pub singing we won’t go to Manchester, as if it was somewhere in a distant part of Africa.

They need to realise that every train in and out of Manchester stops there for historical legal reasons to do with the viaduct, not because it is some sort of central hub on a par with the city itself.

Oldham doesn’t seem to be as intense although they aren’t exactly pleasant round here.

I don’t think Bolton give a fuck, they don’t see themselves as our local rivals and we don’t really care about them. Just another PL game against a fellow Lancashire club (going off the proper map).
That wasn't the impression they gave back in 1989 when we were invited to play them at Burnden Park for the Nat Lofthouse Golden Jubilee. Fucking backwards bastards started launches coins and all manner of objects as soon as we took the lead. The only friendly I've ever been locked in after.

As for Stockport, the reaction to them beating us 2-1 in 2002 when they were already down will live with me forever. Carrying on like they'd won the World Cup when in fact, they'd given us two stands to help them fill the shithole. A few of the weird fuckers were kissing the pitch and more were directly over to our fans giving it the big "I am".

Fuck Stockport and fuck Bolton.

I could not agree more, non league for ever hopefully. I remember some years ago when there was a suggestion that they might play home games at Maine Road, a group of overweight middle aged blokes filmed in a pub singing we won’t go to Manchester, as if it was somewhere in a distant part of Africa.

They need to realise that every train in and out of Manchester stops there for historical legal reasons to do with the viaduct, not because it is some sort of central hub on a par with the city itself.

Was a website made up for that plan to play at Maine Road

Was a website made up for that plan to play at Maine Road
I don’t know. I remember it was a temporary proposal to help them out just after we vacated I think. But the reaction of a lot of their fans was we hate City, hate Manchester etc. etc. which is fair enough I suppose, as they obviously sorted themselves out. But as might be clear, I have no time for them.

I read that they may have been given MR when we left. Watching those scruffy cunts in our beloved home would have killed me.

I don’t know. I remember it was a temporary proposal to help them out just after we vacated I think. But the reaction of a lot of their fans was we hate City, hate Manchester etc. etc. which is fair enough I suppose, as they obviously sorted themselves out. But as might be clear, I have no time for them.

No it was, been in a few books.

website was called Manckport County or something like that.

We would play smaller games at MR whilst the bigger games were at the new ground.

Glad it never happened

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.