Stoke Fans

jrb said:
If most of your support is local, how come your ground is surrounded by mini buses and coaches at every home game? You don't need them if your support comes from Stoke.

Have you seen where our ground is? It's in the arsehole of nowhere with few drinking facilities nearby. It makes sense to use coaches and minibuses.

mrpmcfc said:
We want football !!! We want football !!! Lol Stoke =joke end of I'm not even getting into it with our 12 fingered friends

-- Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:19 pm --

salopstick said:
are you 12
Why are you into twelve year olds I've heard you Stoke lot were a bit weird like that

Can we not have a sensible discussion about the match without resorting to quite poor insults? (and I acknowledge that both sets of fans a a little guilty of this)

fredzeppelin said:
mrpmcfc said:
We want football !!! We want football !!! Lol Stoke =joke end of I'm not even getting into it with our 12 fingered friends

-- Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:19 pm --

Why are you into twelve year olds I've heard you Stoke lot were a bit weird like that

Can we not have a sensible discussion about the match without resorting to quite poor insults? (and I acknowledge that both sets of fans a a little guilty of this)

Here here, City fans stick to the code of conduct and treat other posters with respect or face the consequences.

Stoke fans likewise if you are here to debate then welcome if you are here to WUM or abuse you will be banned.

Trigger said:
fredzeppelin said:

Here here, City fans stick to the code of conduct and treat other posters with respect or face the consequences.

Stoke fans likewise if you are here to debate then welcome if you are here to WUM or abuse you will be banned.

well said triggs.

fredzeppelin said:
jrb said:
If most of your support is local, how come your ground is surrounded by mini buses and coaches at every home game? You don't need them if your support comes from Stoke.

Have you seen where our ground is? It's in the arsehole of nowhere with few drinking facilities nearby. It makes sense to use coaches and minibuses.

I take it you have public transport in Stoke? The funny thing is, I caught a bus right outside the train station.

Now in all my travels up and down the country, only in Stoke(Millwall) are you not allowed to go into the town centre for a drink, pre match. What does that say about your support? Please don't take this the wrong way becuase it is the truth, but your support is still stuck in the 80's. It hasn't moved on one bit. Need any proof. The measures deployed by the Staffordhsire Police to keep home fans from getting at the away fans in the town centre and around the ground. I've never seen so many stewards and police around an away holding area in decades. Time you lot grew up and moved on. As if!

Trigger said:
fredzeppelin said:

That's fair enough maybe I was wring to get suckered into that

<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:11 pm --<br /><br />Thats Fair enough and maybe I was wrong to get suckered into that ;)

fredzeppelin said:
jrb said:

Not a nice thing to say about your own home town IMO.

lloydie said:
fredzeppelin said:

But it IS in the arse end of nowhere. It's built on waste land off the A50 called 'Trentham Lakes' The "city centre" (Hanley) is 4 miles away. Even Stoke town is 2 miles away. And Stoke on Trent isn't a city like Manchester where you have a defined city centre and then urban sprawl like a spiders web. Stoke's got pretty much 6 town centres and is very long and narrow (roughly 12 miles long and 3 miles wide), the britannia is right at the arse end. It's hard to be local to the stadium.

Dave Da Chink said:
Sky Blue said:
13k in the Third Division when we were getting 30k and you were top of the league for half that season. Do fuck off.

You used to get 30k and now get 45k...so that's a drop of 15k

We used to get 13k and now get 27k...so that's a drop of 14k

Our nett drop in attendance was roughly the same, people will always drift away when the team drops divisions.

You will get a similar drop when your current owner gets tittsed off and goes to waste his money on some other non starter.
This has to be a piss take. Do you think we've played at Eastlands forever?

stokieJust said:
lloydie said:

But it IS in the arse end of nowhere. It's built on waste land off the A50 called 'Trentham Lakes' The "city centre" (Hanley) is 4 miles away. Even Stoke town is 2 miles away. And Stoke on Trent isn't a city like Manchester where you have a defined city centre and then urban sprawl like a spiders web. Stoke's got pretty much 6 town centres and is very long and narrow (roughly 12 miles long and 3 miles wide), the britannia is right at the arse end. It's hard to be local to the stadium.

Oops, I must have forgot to put the smiley.

Town full of clarkies, you're just a town full of.....etc

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.