Stoke Fans

Ducky_ said:
ruts66 said:
Err, no...

Manchester City 4th (Assets - £1 trillion +)
Stoke City 8th (Assets - 1 or 2 towels)

Rubbish, you have spent more than most down there and play joint worst football in the league. Take Blackpool for example, they have done well and they have spent a percentage of what you have and play some great stuff.

Pulis spends (relatively) a lot of money on players to help you play the way you do. I would rather watch cricket than watch Stoke (and that's saying something!).

Ducky, as a Stoke fan I watch and enjoy what is put in front of me. It's fast, direct and effective. If you're telling me that Tuncay's reverse pass to Ethers was any less skilfull than Richards' dummy you're kidding yourself.

I have no choice of how the team I support plays even if it was poor. Listening to some of you lot saying 'I don't know how you can watch that crap', it's not like we have a choice - long suffering Stoke fans do not change colours (aka gloryhunt) because we don't perform like Barca. Proud Manchester City fans (pre-money) should identify with this but you're so desperate to emulate Manchester United you've started behaving like them, deriding everything and everbody else as lesser mortals.

If you can't see this then you're already too far gone...

ruts66 said:
Ducky_ said:
Rubbish, you have spent more than most down there and play joint worst football in the league. Take Blackpool for example, they have done well and they have spent a percentage of what you have and play some great stuff.

Pulis spends (relatively) a lot of money on players to help you play the way you do. I would rather watch cricket than watch Stoke (and that's saying something!).

Ducky, as a Stoke fan I watch and enjoy what is put in front of me. It's fast, direct and effective. If you're telling me that Tuncay's reverse pass to Ethers was any less skilfull than Richards' dummy you're kidding yourself.

I have no choice of how the team I support plays even if it was poor. Listening to some of you lot saying 'I don't know how you can watch that crap', it's not like we have a choice - long suffering Stoke fans do not change colours (aka gloryhunt) because we don't perform like Barca. Proud Manchester City fans (pre-money) should identify with this but you're so desperate to emulate Manchester United you've started behaving like them, deriding everything and everbody else as lesser mortals.

Yet another opposing teams fan berating City fans. Is there nothing on your own forums of note? This is getting very very tedious, have you all no pride? Worry about your team and how they are doing, better still support them through their forums. In other words FUCK OFF!

ruts66 said:
Ducky_ said:

Ah... the old "your acting like your enemies now" card. Jog on.

There are many teams in the league who actually play football and they spend far less than Stoke do. (Kenwyne Jones cost how much?) So the excuse of "we do the best with what we have" doesn't wash any more I'm afraid.

You also say you "enjoy" the football you watch and then go on to say it's "poor". Make your mind up.

ruts66 said:
Ducky_ said:

Well said that man.

I have watched some absolute shite down the years at City... did I ever once think of packing it in just becasue it was crap? Not a chance.

You play with the hand you are dealt with.

Balloon Isle said:
ruts66 said:

Well said that man.

I have watched some absolute shite down the years at City... did I ever once think of packing it in just becasue it was crap? Not a chance.

Yeah, I actually think he's bang on with what he says.

Balloon Isle said:
Well said that man.

Kenwye Jones cost £8 million and Stoke have a higher wage bill than most down there. The excuse of "they have no money" so they must play like that is utter rubbish.
Blackpool are proof that you don't have to play Rugby/Football to compete in the PL.

Ducky_ said:
Balloon Isle said:
Well said that man.

Kenwye Jones cost £8 million and Stoke have a higher wage bill than most down there. The excuse of "they have no money" so they must play like that is utter rubbish.
Blackpool are proof that you don't have to play Rugby/Football to compete in the PL.

Loic Remy was another player they was prepared to offer a big deal to.

Ducky_ said:
Balloon Isle said:
Well said that man.

They aren't the worst team to watch in the Premiership.

We would have been more than happy to watch how Stoke play when Pearce was in charge... I think a few on here are getting a bit carried away with things.

We used to scream abuse at the way Bolton played... when they routinely finished above us.

It's up to us to prove we're better than the so-called poorer teams... but as has been shown with Stoke, Blackburn, Sunderland, Birmingham... we are not quite there yet. Do you seriously expect them to lay down and die for us..?

Balloon Isle said:
Ducky_ said:

They aren't the worst team to watch in the Premiership.

We would have been more than happy to watch how Stoke play when Pearce was in charge... I think a few on here are getting a bit carried away with things.

We used to scream abuse at the way Bolton played... when they routinely finished above us.

It's up to us to prove we're better than the so-called poorer teams... but as has been shown with Stoke, Blackburn, Sunderland, Birmingham... we are not quite there yet. Do you seriously expect them to lay down and die for us..?

I agree with you when you say we should beat the brums, stokes etc what we can't handle is teams who press us, harry us and don't give us a minute to think.

We need to learn to cope with this by moving the ball quicker.... we have more technically gifted players than the likes of stoke (no disrespect) we should be moving tjheir players out of position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.