Stoke Fans

Most Stoke fans were great, and spoke to a bloke after the match who said we 100% deserved to win. However before the match a pair of twats ran over and barged up to my face on wembley way when i was trying to be on a photo and they mouthed off about "5-0" and that my scarf is dirty i should use theirs it's nicer etc etc!!!! Problem was it was a married couple in their 70s!!!!!!!!!! Of all the ones you'd have thought would have been lippy gobby twats, who've have thought eh ;)

Mr.Red said:
Morning lads.

Just wanted to offer my congratulations on taking the Cup home, your lads fought together really well and looked like the solid unit they should be. You played us at our own game at times, never let us settle, never gave us space and played decent football. We never really got into out stride until the last 10 desperate minutes but by that time you could well have been in front by a few more. It's a shame we didn't give you the fight we were expecting or the performance we've been putting in over the last month or so.

For me, both sets of fans made the day. Fantastic atmosphere, no hostility and a decent banter between us. Had a good chat to a number of Blues fans and the feeling was the same throughout; mutual respect. Made a nice change to speak to fans that were just as passionate, that have been through similar ups and downs and have a good knowledge unlike the usual United, Arsenal and Liverpool fans. There's been friction between or clubs in the past but the general feeling is again, a new found respect. Hat's off to you for being gracious on your win, would have been an easy option to rub our noses in it. There were only the one or two token knuckle draggers that goaded some Stoke fans on the train as we got off and sure enough, some of ours had to retaliate, bless ‘em.

Big shout out to the Man City fan in front of us on the train back. You and your little lad helped keep a smile on our faces.

P.S.- A consolation win would be nice tomorrow ;-). All the best for your Champions League campaign.

Cheers fella. Enjoy your European jaunts next season. They truly are some of the best away days ever.

the Stoke fans were class on the train back. Me and my 7 year old were in the minority but the Stoke fans were very gracious in defeat. the banter was friendly and one of the Stokies even gave my lad a quid for being good.

It was my lads first away game and I was worried about it kicking off, however in my view you did your club proud & helped to make the day a very enjoyable experience.

TY and good luck in Europe!

Erm, the Stoke fans were okay. They weren't 9 pages worth of compliments good though! Christ, climb out of their arse holes!

Saw a load at the services on the way down and almost all of them were complete dicks. In a big queue for the small toilets they were brashly bragging that they were gonna win easily and when we told them to calm down they started saying they had cage fighters with them, to which my mate said "well bring em here then!".

On the way home at the services we were told that we're a shit club with shit fans who never sing and heard "where were you when you were shit?" shouted by two morons. And every Stoke coach we saw driving back were all sticking the V's and waving the wanker signs!

No different to any other set of fans in the country!

danburge82 said:
Erm, the Stoke fans were okay. They weren't 9 pages worth of compliments good though! Christ, climb out of their arse holes!

Saw a load at the services on the way down and almost all of them were complete dicks. In a big queue for the small toilets they were brashly bragging that they were gonna win easily and when we told them to calm down they started saying they had cage fighters with them, to which my mate said "well bring em here then!".

On the way home at the services we were told that we're a shit club with shit fans who never sing and heard "where were you when you were shit?" shouted by two morons. And every Stoke coach we saw driving back were all sticking the V's and waving the wanker signs!

Other than that Dan..................?

Walking to the tube, mostly high fives, pats on the back and general well dones, few idiots but tended to be the younger ones but no real trouble that I seen.

Some good banter on the tube back to euston

Million times better than I thought they would be so fair play to them.

Quiet in the stadium tho, think I heard them pipe up twice but that was it

Took my 16 year old lad to his first Wembley experience. We walked around outside the stadium before the game and didn't witness anything but good spirits and a decent atmosphere. I have to thank all those blues in Thirsty Eddies on Wembley High Rd and those outside the Greyhound singing and chanting before the game. This totally made for a superb day and a memory that my lad will keep forever, as well as his old man. And can I just say that the Stoke fans were proper LOUD! Well done to you guys.

danburge82 said:

Sounds like you were unlucky encountering so many of their less magnanimous fans lol ;)

Regarding my own experiences of the day, I won't lie - beforehand I had this idea in my head that it could be a moody day for fans of both clubs due to there being plenty of previous between us. I was wary that there might be a repeat of some of the trouble on Wembley Way when we played the Rags in the semi.

As it happens the whole day passed off trouble-free for the vast majority of fans of both clubs. We met some Stoke fans on the train back to Watford and they were bang on and up for a right laugh.

I don't normally do love-ins between rival supporters but it's fair to say that a lot of fans on both sides would've been pleasantly surprised on Saturday. And the fact that virtually all the Stoke fans stayed behind after the game to watch the post-match presentations was well impressive when you consider that they would've been absolutely gutted at seeing their team lose on the day. I must add that I watched the game back last night and have to concede that they won the honours as to which set of fans was the loudest.

BlueDean said:
Walking to the tube, mostly high fives, pats on the back and general well dones, few idiots but tended to be the younger ones but no real trouble that I seen.

We were sat top tier half way line-ish, so got a really balanced auditory display. Believe me, the Stoke fans were loud at times but if you were lower tier behind the goal with the rest of the blues you wouldn't have got that opinion. We sounded awesome when we sang as well, though.

EddieR said:
BlueDean said:

We were sat top tier half way line-ish, so got a really balanced auditory display. Believe me, the Stoke fans were loud at times but if you were lower tier behind the goal with the rest of the blues you wouldn't have got that opinion. We sounded awesome when we sang as well, though.

How did you know where I was sat you little stalker!!

They were loud when they sang, but It wasnt many times, where as it was song after song in our end

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.