Stoke Fans

Morning lads.

Just wanted to offer my congratulations on taking the Cup home, your lads fought together really well and looked like the solid unit they should be. You played us at our own game at times, never let us settle, never gave us space and played decent football. We never really got into out stride until the last 10 desperate minutes but by that time you could well have been in front by a few more. It's a shame we didn't give you the fight we were expecting or the performance we've been putting in over the last month or so.

For me, both sets of fans made the day. Fantastic atmosphere, no hostility and a decent banter between us. Had a good chat to a number of Blues fans and the feeling was the same throughout; mutual respect. Made a nice change to speak to fans that were just as passionate, that have been through similar ups and downs and have a good knowledge unlike the usual United, Arsenal and Liverpool fans. There's been friction between or clubs in the past but the general feeling is again, a new found respect. Hat's off to you for being gracious on your win, would have been an easy option to rub our noses in it. There were only the one or two token knuckle draggers that goaded some Stoke fans on the train as we got off and sure enough, some of ours had to retaliate, bless ‘em.

Big shout out to the Man City fan in front of us on the train back. You and your little lad helped keep a smile on our faces.

P.S.- A consolation win would be nice tomorrow ;-). All the best for your Champions League campaign.

Mr.Red said:
Morning lads.

Just wanted to offer my congratulations on taking the Cup home, your lads fought together really well and looked like the solid unit they should be. You played us at our own game at times, never let us settle, never gave us space and played decent football. We never really got into out stride until the last 10 desperate minutes but by that time you could well have been in front by a few more. It's a shame we didn't give you the fight we were expecting or the performance we've been putting in over the last month or so.

For me, both sets of fans made the day. Fantastic atmosphere, no hostility and a decent banter between us. Had a good chat to a number of Blues fans and the feeling was the same throughout; mutual respect. Made a nice change to speak to fans that were just as passionate, that have been through similar ups and downs and have a good knowledge unlike the usual United, Arsenal and Liverpool fans. There's been friction between or clubs in the past but the general feeling is again, a new found respect. Hat's off to you for being gracious on your win, would have been an easy option to rub our noses in it. There were only the one or two token knuckle draggers that goaded some Stoke fans on the train as we got off and sure enough, some of ours had to retaliate, bless ‘em.

Big shout out to the Man City fan in front of us on the train back. You and your little lad helped keep a smile on our faces.

P.S.- A consolation win would be nice tomorrow ;-). All the best for your Champions League campaign.
Cheers mate, great gesture. Glad you enjoyed the day regardless of the result, the Stokies I came across were great lads.

Afraid we can't throw in the towel in the league, Arsenal's foulup against Villa yesterday means third is well and truly on if we can beat you and Bolton away ;)

All the best.

Mr.Red said:
Morning lads.

Appreciate your kind sentiments - there has been some static between us and you in the past - lets hope Saturday finally puts that nonsense to bed.
Enjoy Europe - you need something called a passport to leave the country - its a little red booklet jobbie with your photo on it.
At least you won't need quaranteening like the manure scum do when they venture out of London.

Just wanted to add my own comments.

The Stoke fans were brilliant and an absolute credit to their team. On the coach coming out of Wembley after the game we passed a pub with a load of Stoke fans outside drinking. Now it they had been rags the coach would have been bottled and windows put through.

The Stoke fans applauded us. Absolutely amazing. Well done Soke the second best fans in England.

fair play to stokes fans bar the one at euston after the game.what started with banter turned into him wanting to take anyone on.unfortunately for him some city geezer(three stone wet through) stood toe to toe and starred him out with a big grin on his face.he bottled it in my opinion and humiliated scuttled off with his mates.shame these bully boys dont come up against blokes who know what tey are all anout more often.fair play to the city psycho all the same.

masterwig said:
Can't imagine they'll bring big numbers on Tuesday but we should show some respect for those that do turn up.
Definitely

But Stoke fans stayed to applaud their team receiving losing medals. They didn't stay to see us lift the Cup.

A Stoke fan is worth 10 United. proud to wear their shirts, sing about their own team - not someone else! and support their club through thick and thin

They have the lower tier only on Tuesday

Have to say everyone I met was great I thought they would be a lot worse but pleasantly surprised I don`t think I would have been such a good loser probably would have still been sulking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.