Stoke Fans

On a slightly different note, how come they eneded up with a bigger allocation?

I must say that I thought that there would be a bit of trouble around, after my last experience at Stoke, the 5-2 when we both went down and our coach got bricked, but they were great.
A boy on our minibus had his photo taken with a big group of them at services on the way down, and it was all good humoured mickey taking, and every coach/car/minibus we passed was thumbs up. Great atmosphere before the game with everyone mingling and I was well impressed with them staying at the end, compare it to how quickly the rags disappeared to beat up women and children.
Personally, couldn`t have had a better day, front row just to the left of the goal, got interviewd on ESPN and got a photo giving the Goat a big smacker on the cheek.
I kiseed the Goat, I liked it !!!
True gent, spent all the time he had to with fans in the ground, signing and pics, they say don`t meet your heroes, but I`m glad I did.

Lightwood said:
Congratulations, yesterday you deserved to win.

Stayed over at Jury's Inn, Watford and had a good natter with a few city fans in the bar last night.

From my own observation I thought the banter between both sets of fans was first class.

There were one ot two stoke fans who didn't take defeat very well but on the whole I hope that your opinion of our fans is more favourable now.

We was all at Jury's in Watford over the weekend too.
Can only agree with all the previous posts. The Stoke fans did their club proud. Even doing the Poznan with us at Wembley Central station after the game.
Was you in the bar at Dury's Sat night by the way when that great big hulk of a City supporter collapsed - hit our table then the deck with a right thud..I thought we was dead!!
Thankfully he got up eventually -with a lot of help.

First of all congratulations on winning the FA cup,which was well deserved.

The majority of City fans were excellent although unfortunately at around 9.30 at Toddington services we ran into your scum.

Well done to their lads who started on a 25 seater at Toddington.
Slapping a lone Stokie in the bogs surrounded by 50 Blues whilst his wife waited outside.Cowards.

Twatting another loan 50 year old who didnt want to know.Shameful.

Probably 300 Man City and 25 Stoke including women.Not that all the City were involved.

Afterwards when one Stoke lad Stood up to you,we saw the culprits true colours, three of yours backed off shitting themselves before calling upon another 30 or so to help out against 4-5.

Funny though you couldnt shift them who stood up to you with all your numbers.

As for the fat **** with the bald head yes we are Sjoke and we dont know where the n40 are lol.Same with the tall long haired one eyed lad.
What we do know is your faces will be remembered.

Hooligans fucking bullies more like.I know we all have them but this was shamefull.

So if you know these characters or they are reading this.I hope your embarrassed by your cowardly behaviour,ones thing for sure you will never be welcome in stoke on trent unlike the bulk of your City counterparts.

Good luck in your quest for champions leauge success.

TOP TIP

Stoke City fans disappointed at losing the FA Cup final on Saturday. Simply pretend that the game ended all square and hey prest-oh you can treat tonight’s encounter as a replay.

kevkj said:
First of all congratulations on winning the FA cup,which was well deserved.

The majority of City fans were excellent although unfortunately at around 9.30 at Toddington services we ran into your scum.

Well done to their lads who started on a 25 seater at Toddington.
Slapping a lone Stokie in the bogs surrounded by 50 Blues whilst his wife waited outside.Cowards.

Twatting another loan 50 year old who didnt want to know.Shameful.

Probably 300 Man City and 25 Stoke including women.Not that all the City were involved.

Afterwards when one Stoke lad Stood up to you,we saw the culprits true colours, three of yours backed off shitting themselves before calling upon another 30 or so to help out against 4-5.

Funny though you couldnt shift them who stood up to you with all your numbers.

As for the fat **** with the bald head yes we are Sjoke and we dont know where the n40 are lol.Same with the tall long haired one eyed lad.
What we do know is your faces will be remembered.

Hooligans fucking bullies more like.I know we all have them but this was shamefull.

So if you know these characters or they are reading this.I hope your embarrassed by your cowardly behaviour,ones thing for sure you will never be welcome in stoke on trent unlike the bulk of your City counterparts.

Good luck in your quest for champions leauge success.

Sorry to hear this, shitbags of the highest order. I hope you get a better picture of the majority of our fans from this and other threads praising the behaviour of both sets of fans. I had a downer on Stoke fans after the 5-2 but I now have changed my mind and think your fans are a credit to football.

As you say we all have dickheads following our teams. Society is full of twats.

another Stokie here.

Again, pleasantly suprised how Saturday went almost incident-free. How it should be and showed that '98 was a culmination of a high-profle match, Man City fans getting tickets in our end and Stoke having a large % of undesirables. The same would have happened at Main Road if the roles would have been reversed. No need for it.

But how good to see that both clubs can retain passionate support without the need for violence. Saturday, despite if being a dreadful game of football, was what supporting your club used to be like, and still can be like. Ful respect to the Blues up Wembley Way who didn't feel the need to gloat afterwards. I hope we would have acted likewise.

Did I enjoy Saturday? Er, no I didn't. Football is about winning, and Wembley isn't really a place for losers. But if you do lose, then to do it with class at least gives you honour. Our honour is still intact.

Tonight I can't see any more than 1000 Stoke in attendance. £37 on top of what we've shelled out recently is a step too far (including season ticket renewals) and many don't fancy an evening being reminded about Saturday. Fair play to those there, supporting the team and making a show of pride.

But as you'll know, all but the minted have been priced out of regularly following their team away from home nowadays. My little lad enjoyed Saturday. It's his first ever season watching us - how do I tell him it's probably all downhill from here?

If you were in that Catholic Club by the roundabout, we were the family of Stokies who came in about 1pm. Made very welcome in a sea of Blue, respect for that.

Take care and good luck in the ECL. I have waited 36 years to watch Stoke in Europe and will now get my wish. I just hope it isn't somewhere too mainstream where the time spent there will be avoiding idiots. Austria would do for me (again).

Oh, and a cheeky one, was Tevez fractionally offside when the ball was kicked?

Yours,

S Trawclutcher

Thanks for that Blue.

These lads were cowards although the two i spoke of must have been mid 40s.

One of ours who is a muscle-bound kickboxer showed them to be bullies.

All the same it was very worrying at the time with women and kids and 30 cowards bouncing in front of us.

I have to agree. Our taxi dropped us off at the east side of the stadium so we had to walk through masses of red and white. When we realised we all thought we were in for a bit of abuse yet no problems whatsoever.
Loved seeing the young Stoke fans walking past us grabbing at the badge on their shirt, already showing their passion for their club. Then seeing them stay so long after the whistle was humbling, I honestly doubt I'd have done the same.

So well done to all from both sides for the grace and good will shown by the majority on Saturday.

Have a good time in Europe Stokies, though I hope you lose tonight!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.