Stoke (merged)

Re: Tony Pulis

You're not fooling anyone, you're bald under that hat!!

Manager of the year? "Give it to the freak to throw it" Fuckin inspirational team talks they must be.

Re: Stoke fans reading this

no need at all for this.

Most of have been to Stoke enough in the past to know what it was like, but its quitened down plenty now - and there is no reason to stoke it up again.

Im taking my lads to what is all our first FA cup final, (though I was there in 85 and 99), and I want to enjoy the occaison for what it should be. Not some confrontation between halfwits.

Im even going to drink sensibly.

Re: Tony Pulis

supportingcitysincelunchtime said:
What a job he has done with Stoke. from a team battiling relegation to a mid-table team in the EPL. Paddy Powe paid out after there first EPL game (against Bolton) but somehow Tony kept them up(mainly down to Beattie's goal's from jan onwards) then he kept them up the next season signing Huth (very goof CB imho) and Tuncay (for some much needed flair) now this season they look safe and have 2 geuine winger's in Etherington and Pennent(both have had personal problem's ME-gambling, JP-in jail for drink driving) In Ryan Shawcross they have a potential England regular. They have moved on from there "stereo-typical throw in=goal) Tony Pulis would be in with a shout for MOTY (I would give it to Coyle, but baconface will proberly win it)

Now Oatcake fanzine will you be posting this ;) ?

Nope :-)

It sounds like some American newspaper article using bits they found on the web lol

Re: It had to be Stoke!!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I also recall the rebirth of City in Division two v Stoke.

Think it was Boxing Day and the whole season seemed to turn on Gareth Taylor heading a winner?

It was the second Christmas bank holiday - we'd won at Wrexham on Boxing Day. Anyway, despite that win at the Racecourse, we went into the Stoke game in mid-table while I seem to recall that they were top (though I think they'd lost on Boxing Day).

We were one down at half time, Paul Dickov scored right at the start of the second half (an error by the 'keeper) and then we battered them for the rest of the game. The crowd really got behind the team, it was a fantastic atmosphere and Taylor scored with a couple of minutes left.

We went on a run after that and ended up finishing third (while Stoke dropped from top spot and in the end didn't even make the play offs). Anyway, I agree, that was the day that really turned it round for us that season. A good memory!

Some fascinating contributions here (no, really). I'm a lifelong Stokey, tho my de facto father in law is a lifelong MCFC supporter. Not sure if I qualify as a "proper" fan, but I did cross Dartmoor on foot (negotiating Baskerville-type bogs) on a freezing Tuesday night in February 1973 for an important youth team fixture at Torquay. I imagine we lost. I sometimes think my F-i-L defines his footballing pain and pleasure as much by your neighbours' misery as by your success. Generally miserable therefore, despite a relentlesly rosy view of human nature.

Incidentally, I won't have this six finger nonsense. I've just had a look and I've got five. That's on both hands, admittedly. And, obviously, it includes my toes as well. So there!

As for the game, I may be a lone Stokey voice (amidst the euphoria of Sunday) but I didn't think we were all that brilliant - rather (as they themselves admit) that Bolton were uncharacteristically poor, and everything we hit went in. But the whole team did graft - blimey, even Kenwyne Jones looked vaguely interested.

Will you win? Almost certainly you will. I can't think of a single member of our squad who wd be in your starting XI, and possibly in your second XI either. But (as Schultz used to say on Hogan's Heroes) I know nusseenk - and my default position is always that we will lose Peter Coates, on the other hand, has made a fortune out of predicting the future and when I looked at Bet 365 earlier today he had you as 11-8 (that's 11-8 on by the way), and us at 4-1 (against).

Pip pip!

Re: Stoke Fans - Forum

Soulboy said:
In an earlier post it appears as though I may have offended some of our hillbilly friends from down the M6 by suggesting that their city was a shithole and that their inhabitants were just about the ugliest fuckers on God's green earth... and a Stokie messageboard appeared to take umbrage at this revelation.

Okay chaps, a bit of a challenge for you then... name one other city in England that is uglier than Stoke.

I have travelled widely across England and, sure enough, they are stacked up with council estates full of Biffa Bacons and Kery Katonas.... so name one other city that is as bland, meaningless, uninspiring, ugly and frighteningly poor as Stoke with their ugly men and even uglier women..

Oh, and don't quote Middlesbrough... anyone claiming bragging rights over Middlesbrough can't be fucking serious!

But I do take the point that one of them made in that Stoke is famous for something... pottery. Fair do's, can't argue with that. That clearly knocks our "the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution" into place, then.

And even pottery was invented by the Chinese, Greeks and Romans thousands of years ago. Yet the one claim to fame they have is that some backwoodsman actually worked out how to fire a furnace... thousands of years later. Wow. Just wow.

The only use I think of for Stoke is that they will always be a fertile breeding ground for the BNP. It gives the rest of the country a superiority complex knowing that things can always be worse... they could live in Stoke!

I remember watching This is England on the telly (set in 1982) and I genuinely thought it was a Panorama documentary dealing with the social problems of Stoke. ... nowadays. Well they were wearing the same clothes as a typical Stokie, so an easy mistake to make.

The one good thing about meeting Stoke in the final is that they can all pretend to be Big Issue sellers in Leicester Square to help pay for the day out. It might stop them robbing each other for at least one weekend.

Good to see you are named after a Stokie from the film Soulboy filmed in Stoke last year! How apt!!

I haven't got 6 fingers nor toe on each hand or foot but I do have 2 dicks! Comes in quite handy when night clubbing in Manchester with the class of women you meet there! You get a blow job and a shag at the same time!

I'm looking forward to a proper cup final, which I don't think we would have had playing the scum, I for one will wish any Stoke fan all the best if I bump into them (not too much) something I couldn't have done last week, I was always on the look out for a snide dig to the back of my head. Stoke had a bad do last year at Old Trafford with the infamous MIBs slapping anything that couldn't hit back so I think they'll be glad to be playing us too.

Bluemoon Disclaimer.. I am not a happy clapper and I am aware both sets of fans might have an old skool knees up somewhere away from the ground but overall i'm confident of a great day out
:)

Re: Stoke Fans - Forum

chunkie said:
Soulboy said:
In an earlier post it appears as though I may have offended some of our hillbilly friends from down the M6 by suggesting that their city was a shithole and that their inhabitants were just about the ugliest fuckers on God's green earth... and a Stokie messageboard appeared to take umbrage at this revelation.

Okay chaps, a bit of a challenge for you then... name one other city in England that is uglier than Stoke.

I have travelled widely across England and, sure enough, they are stacked up with council estates full of Biffa Bacons and Kery Katonas.... so name one other city that is as bland, meaningless, uninspiring, ugly and frighteningly poor as Stoke with their ugly men and even uglier women..

Oh, and don't quote Middlesbrough... anyone claiming bragging rights over Middlesbrough can't be fucking serious!

But I do take the point that one of them made in that Stoke is famous for something... pottery. Fair do's, can't argue with that. That clearly knocks our "the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution" into place, then.

And even pottery was invented by the Chinese, Greeks and Romans thousands of years ago. Yet the one claim to fame they have is that some backwoodsman actually worked out how to fire a furnace... thousands of years later. Wow. Just wow.

The only use I think of for Stoke is that they will always be a fertile breeding ground for the BNP. It gives the rest of the country a superiority complex knowing that things can always be worse... they could live in Stoke!

I remember watching This is England on the telly (set in 1982) and I genuinely thought it was a Panorama documentary dealing with the social problems of Stoke. ... nowadays. Well they were wearing the same clothes as a typical Stokie, so an easy mistake to make.

The one good thing about meeting Stoke in the final is that they can all pretend to be Big Issue sellers in Leicester Square to help pay for the day out. It might stop them robbing each other for at least one weekend.

Good to see you are named after a Stokie from the film Soulboy filmed in Stoke last year! How apt!!

I haven't got 6 fingers nor toe on each hand or foot but I do have 2 dicks! Comes in quite handy when night clubbing in Manchester with the class of women you meet there! You get a blow job and a shag at the same time!

I was Soulboy LONG before that film was made!

I sometimes wonder whether I was actually the inspiration behind it all...

Do I love you? Indeed I do.

When you were clubbing in Manchester, did it ever cross your mind as to how many Manc lads were clubbing in Stoke? Not many, I'd hazard a guess!

But it's nice we can attract our less fortunate brethren and offer the hand of friendship for those few memorable hours you spend in our wonderful city.

Oh, and that other dick of yours... it's not a dildo hanging out of your arse is it by any chance?

;-))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.