Stoke (merged)

Re: Stoke fans reading this

got roots in the potteries on me ma's side still have a lot of family friends down there top folk always made welcome down that way duck, just hope we make it the best FA Cup final for years cos let's face they aint been many crackers in the past god knows how many years

It had to be Stoke!!!

In my 35years as a City season ticket holder, it is fair to say that I have experienced some highs and lows (understatement of the millennium haha!).

Curiously though, Stoke City seem to have played a disproportionately, significant role in this journey and it seems fitting that we should meet them in next month’s FA Cup final.

My first game was as a 4 year old (not that I remember much) on the 1st of April 1972. My Dad took me, and my 3 year old brother, as City met Stoke at home. City harboured genuine title aspirations and this was a game which we were expected to win. Typical City! Obviously, we were beaten (2-1). There was also great, prophetic significance, for me, that day in Stoke’s first goal (people who know me will understand).

Some years later, the three of us saw Trevor Francis make his debut in a fantastic away win at Stoke 1981. Without question, this was the most exciting debut I have ever seen; Francis scored two goals and looked class!

On Boxing Day 1988, the three of us went to Stoke, for THAT game, in height of the banana craze; myself dressed as ‘Cupid Stunt’ – complete with plastic breasts and fishnets, my 16 stone brother dressed as a dwarf and my dad as an oversized, 46 year old ‘Andy Pandy.’ I clearly remember the players coming out carrying bananas, led by Steve Redmond. Brilliant! … well, it was, until we started playing football, anyhow!

The Brittania Stadium, May 3rd 1998, a day best forgotten! Just me and my dad now; brother dropped off due to working Saturdays – lightweight ! I have managed to obliterate most of the painful memories of that day; well, other than the fat, disinterested Georgie Kinkladze – cult hero, my arse!

Finally, their current managerial incumbent, featured, only one year later, in one of the best days of my life!

Who knows what the 14th of May will bring for me and my dad (still going strong after 60+ years service to the club)?

But, like I said, it had to be Stoke!

CTID

Dr Mick said:
I have no intension of stoking (no pun intended) up the fires or fanning the flames, as after the behaviour of the rag scum on Saturday I really hope that May 14th is a great day out for everyone..

..but if you honestly think you are better than City fans and are coming to take over wembley you can all go fuck yourselves as you are even more delirious than I thought.

We have the best behaved, most passionate supporters in the country and you glory hunting twats don't even come close to us.

You are just a bunch of ecconomy class Tom Jones impersonators living in some god awful no man's land between the north west and the midlands. Stoke is the closest England has to a third world slum.

So enjoy your day on 14th, who knows the result may even go your way, but if you think your are going to get a result against us blues then think again.

We saw off the rag scum without too much difficultly, you little boys and wannabe hooligans from stoke don't even figure on our radar.

So please behave yourselves and don't spoil the day.
I'm sure they will note your kind words about them and act in an accordingly friendly manner.

Re: It had to be Stoke!!!

Might first game was Reading, and we lost 1-0. We won 1-0 against them in the quarters. Yes, I'm digging deep for some sort of omen but I think this means we will beat Stoke 2-1

Hahaha the bit that got me was about it being in no mans land pahaaa so true!!

They big themselves up to be some die hard loyal to their club hooligans. Well they can shove their small time mentality the same place as their 6 fingers and webbed feet. Straight up their arseholes.

Tony Pulis

What a job he has done with Stoke. from a team battiling relegation to a mid-table team in the EPL. Paddy Powe paid out after there first EPL game (against Bolton) but somehow Tony kept them up(mainly down to Beattie's goal's from jan onwards) then he kept them up the next season signing Huth (very goof CB imho) and Tuncay (for some much needed flair) now this season they look safe and have 2 geuine winger's in Etherington and Pennent(both have had personal problem's ME-gambling, JP-in jail for drink driving) In Ryan Shawcross they have a potential England regular. They have moved on from there "stereo-typical throw in=goal) Tony Pulis would be in with a shout for MOTY (I would give it to Coyle, but baconface will proberly win it)

Now Oatcake fanzine will you be posting this ;) ?

Re: It had to be Stoke!!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I also recall the rebirth of City in Division two v Stoke.

Think it was Boxing Day and the whole season seemed to turn on Gareth Taylor heading a winner?

Yep he did - I had a good drink in the workingmens club somewhere on the Moss Side estate pretending to be Scottish :-) - when you need a drink, any port in a storm!

We have both been through some fairly shit times, good that one of us at least will win something, and have arrived on the Medias map (at least for a short time anyway until they are bored of us)

The 'bananas' game was epic, good old Kammy scored for us (unbelievable Jeff)

There are a few teams that we seem to have followed round like a bad smell - City on and off, Reading, Bolton seem to go up (and down) at the same time as us.

Hopefully if Reading come up it doesn't signal something sinister!

Stillsy said:
Hahaha the bit that got me was about it being in no mans land pahaaa so true!!

They big themselves up to be some die hard loyal to their club hooligans. Well they can shove their small time mentality the same place as their 6 fingers and webbed feet. Straight up their arseholes.

OMFG, as if the OP wasn't bad enough. I'd like to disassociate myself from comments like these and most of the OP. Have a great day out at Wembley lads (apart from the result), as you have just as much right to be there as we do. Lets keep it to friendly banter and may the best team win on the day (as long as it's us).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.