Stoke post match thread

In short, squad rotation (weakening your team in a calculated gamble) doesn't work. Play your best team all the time.

On pitches like ploughed fields, Forest won the League over a 42 game season using just 14 players. It was the days of little protection for players.
GPC won more premier league titles than anyone and rotated absolutely regularly , frequently putting donkeys like O'Shea Smith and Kim in for his stars sometimes it backfired but he knew on balance he had to maintain squad sharpness through to the end of the season .
Squad rotation works and has worked for most premier league champions of the modern era.

When Forest won the title no teams rotated so they were doing the same as everyone else, the distance players run in the course of a match and the intensity the matches are played has increased dramatically since those days.

Where they? If not, I'd love to know how this is not a penalty:

GettyImages-649687172.jpg

There was definitely 1 of the late chances that was flagged offside. Think it was this one

The worst thing about last night was it was preventable. Just what is Guardiola thinking when assumes that playing a weakened team against a side coming for a draw is going to work! If anything it gives them initial hope they can last 90 minutes without conceding, and then as the game progresses it cements that hope into absolute belief.

In short, squad rotation (weakening your team in a calculated gamble) doesn't work. Play your best team all the time.

On pitches like ploughed fields, Forest won the League over a 42 game season using just 14 players. It was the days of little protection for players.

Our squad change gamble last night was about appeasing squad players who seldom play rather than servicing any supposed tiredness in those rested.

If I thought we'd learn from it then I'd be philosophical and accept it as a case of Pep not understanding Stoke City's ideology and Mark Hughes' dogged determination to get at City, however I'm not convinced.

post of the thread.

GPC won more premier league titles than anyone and rotated absolutely regularly , frequently putting donkeys like O'Shea Smith and Kim in for his stars sometimes it backfired but he knew on balance he had to maintain squad sharpness through to the end of the season .
Squad rotation works and has worked for most premier league champions of the modern era.

When Forest won the title no teams rotated so they were doing the same as everyone else, the distance players run in the course of a match and the intensity the matches are played has increased dramatically since those days.
the piss can didn't have to factor in bent refs . we do.

Seventy seven pages on this thread, I don't believe it. We're third, people, third, level on points with second, in the FA cup the last time I looked, and still in the CL, last time I looked. When we're out of the Cup, out of the Champions League, and out of top four, maybe, just maybe, start calling the most successful manager in the world a clown (in fact, no, don't, under any circumstances). He's doing a long term building job that has desperately needed doing for the past two seasons. We dropped two points to Stoke. That kind of thing will happen,from time to time. It's called shit happening, and did I mention that with that (and yes with Boro, and Everton, and Southampton), we're still third, so we (and Guardiola) must have doing something right at some point. We move on - bring on Boro and the Cup.

Seventy seven pages on this thread, I don't believe it. We're third, people, third, level on points with second, in the FA cup the last time I looked, and still in the CL, last time I looked. When we're out of the Cup, out of the Champions League, and out of top four, maybe, just maybe, start calling the most successful manager in the world a clown (in fact, no, don't, under any circumstances). He's doing a long term building job that has desperately needed doing for the past two seasons. We dropped two points to Stoke. That kind of thing will happen,from time to time. It's called shit happening, and did I mention that with that (and yes with Boro, and Everton, and Southampton), we're still third, so we (and Guardiola) must have doing something right at some point. We move on - bring on Boro and the Cup.
agree!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.