Stoke - the tipping point

Wheelsy said:
Can I say that the visiting Stokies (Shafter inparticular) are amongst the best opposition fans we have had on BM?

The invaders from Grand Old Team could learn a lesson in humility...

Why thankyou kind sir....

Good forum, good banter, passionate fans, happy days.....

Unless you beat us at the weekend of course then i'm long gone ;-)

Wheelsy said:
Can I say that the visiting Stokies (Shafter inparticular) are amongst the best opposition fans we have had on BM?

The invaders from Grand Old Team could learn a lesson in humility...

Fear not Wheelsy, we've still got more than our fair share of webmongs who would be on here giving it the big 'un if they could cope with the rigours of the registration process... ;-)

Hello Blue Mooners,

Another potters fan here, really looking forward to Saturday's game it should be a real blood and thunder clash on what is promising to be a very cold day this Saturday.

If the forecast says 4 degrees, take off 5 for the Brit Chill factor.

Hats, gloves and scarves will be the order of the day and that's just your players :)

To those coming have a good journey, my tip would be to get in around the ground early to secure parking which there is plenty of these days and head for either the PowerLeague, Harvester or Hem Heath cricket club which all normally accomodate away fans without any problems.

All the best apart from Saturday.

Up the Potters!

So different from last year when it was open warfare between blues and clayheads (hello Shafter!). Much prefer this mutual respect. I think the fact we now have Joe instead of Shay in goal could be decisive. Much as I like and respect Given, he always seemed to be shaking like a shitting dog when we played Stoke, didn't fancy it at all. Let's hope we can keep 22 players on the field this time. Stoke's justified red cards In the previous two fixtures actually seemed to spur them on. And after both games, one of ours got a retrospective three game ban. Hope the talk afterwards is about a good football match rather than the referee

I reckon Saturday is a big game for both of us. You need to set a marker down to the other challengers and we need to continue to push on after a recent up-turn in results.

It will be interesting to see how Mancini approaches the game, I'll be honest we didn't really think much of him last year (not that you'll be bothered in the slightest) as many of us felt he was perhaps a touch disrespectful to Stoke in some of the interviews he did as he clearly didn't like playing against us.

In fairness it was still fairly early days for him and it can't be easy conducting interviews in your second language straight after the game (even the English gaffers struggle!)

He seems to be doing a decent job for you though and I reckon you'll go close this year.

Looking forward to a good game and a cracking atmosphere (as well as sub zero temperatures!)

All the best after Saturday.

"shaking like a shitting dog..."

Case of beer for that one, Longsight, properly laughed out loud... :-)

Love Joe Hart, btw, England legend in the making.

LongsightM13 said:
So different from last year when it was open warfare between blues and clayheads (hello Shafter!). Much prefer this mutual respect. I think the fact we now have Joe instead of Shay in goal could be decisive. Much as I like and respect Given, he always seemed to be shaking like a shitting dog when we played Stoke, didn't fancy it at all. Let's hope we can keep 22 players on the field this time. Stoke's justified red cards In the previous two fixtures actually seemed to spur them on. And after both games, one of ours got a retrospective three game ban. Hope the talk afterwards is about a good football match rather than the referee

Good post longsight.

Ah, i remember last seasons warefare well.....relentless banter on here and i was ripped a new arsehole at times but a good laugh nevertheless.

So here's to a good old blood and thunder clash at the weekend. Lets hope it's fair and enjoyable.......with another win for the potters ;-)

ruts66 said:
"shaking like a shitting dog..."

Case of beer for that one, Longsight, properly laughed out loud... :-)

Love Joe Hart, btw, England legend in the making.
Can you make it a box of Wright's pies, the best in the land Imo. They're giving out snow for Saturday

I'd also like to welcome and thank the Stokies. Fair points being made without giving it large as they say.

With players like Tuncay,Etherington and Fuller Stoke are much much more than a long ball team.

The fact that I think this is a tipping point game for City shows the respect I have for Stoke at the Britannia.

The pessimist in me thinks it will be a very close game. However better players with the right attitude and the right tactics should win everytime unless lady luck is against you.

I don't think Stoke have ever parked the bus at home so that's a positive for City.

My prediction 1-3 City.. Tevez first goal scorer. Balotelli 2nd and 3rd goals.

Skibum said:
I'd also like to welcome and thank the Stokies. Fair points being made without giving it large as they say.

With players like Tuncay,Etherington and Fuller Stoke are much much more than a long ball team.

The fact that I think this is a tipping point game for City shows the respect I have for Stoke at the Britannia.

The pessimist in me thinks it will be a very close game. However better players with the right attitude and the right tactics should win everytime unless lady luck is against you.

I don't think Stoke have ever parked the bus at home so that's a positive for City.

My prediction 1-3 City.. Tevez first goal scorer. Balotelli 2nd and 3rd goals.

The first goal will be key, if we get it then I predict lots of chewing of Stokie nails as we will, without doubt try and hang on to what we've got.

The plus point from our end is that we've started to defend a lot more "Stoke like" than we have earlier in the season where stupid errors were costing us goals at frequent intervals.

As I've already said; I reckon both clubs would probably take the draw if it was offered and move on to the next game.

Is Johnson likely to play? How he doesn't play for you more I'll never know. I'd pick him for England as well (down the right of course with Etherington on the left!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.