Stoke Vs City (FA Cup) Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a meh game for me

Obviously want to win the cup, would be amazing again but Stoke away is one of those games I just want to see the players come out the other side uninjured. Its a shame we have to play our first team to get a result.

Pretty much see this being 1-1 all or Stoke sneaking a win in

Some positive posters on here......

We're the Champions and they are in a bad patch. We should have won in September and would have done had it not been for Crouch's basketball goal and Begovic's world class save from Garcia in the last minute.

No resting players. We don't play every 3-4 days now because we're out of Europe so the players can handle 2 games in 4 days once in a while. Besides, we weaken our team we increase the likelihood that we'll have an extra game if we draw.

Hart/Panti

Zaba, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy

Milner, Barry, Garcia,

Silva,

Aguero, Balo/Tevez

We'll win 2 or 3-0

wolfie1988 said:

We're the Champions and they are in a bad patch. We should have won in September and would have done had it not been for Crouch's basketball goal and Begovic's world class save from Garcia in the last minute.

No resting players. We don't play every 3-4 days now because we're out of Europe so the players can handle 2 games in 4 days once in a while. Besides, we weaken our team we increase the likelihood that we'll have an extra game if we draw.

Hart/Panti

Milner, Barry, Garcia,

Silva,

Aguero, Balo/Tevez

We'll win 2 or 3-0

they cant be lucky for ever, the wonder goal by crouch and the harlem globetrotter style goal by the same player.

but there again, i keep saying that about fucking sunderland

r.soleofsalford said:
wolfie1988 said:

Hart/Panti

Milner, Barry, Garcia,

Silva,

Aguero, Balo/Tevez

We'll win 2 or 3-0

they cant be lucky for ever, the wonder goal by crouch and the harlem globetrotter style goal by the same player.

We'll be fine Saturday. Show the country why we're champions and then get stuck in 2 hour tailbacks on the M6 and A556 behind all the fucking rags on there way up from London

wolfie1988 said:
r.soleofsalford said:
wolfie1988 said:

Hart/Panti

Milner, Barry, Garcia,

Silva,

Aguero, Balo/Tevez

We'll win 2 or 3-0

We'll be fine Saturday. Show the country why we're champions and then get stuck in 2 hour tailbacks on the M6 and A556 behind all the fucking rags on there way up from London

no doubt we will mate

Tevez City said:
I thought players need 3-4 days to fully recover for the next game, thats why I want a fully fit fresh team to face QPR.

And regarding the Stoke away form, I think City always played better and Stoke like Sunderland sit back and defended with 10 players for the whole game and were lucky to take points from City by relying on set pieces or refs mistakes.

IF City used a weaker team, Stoke will not sit back and it will be open game, which will make the game easier for City.

WTF u on pal? How old are u? This is probably one of the worst post I've seen on this forum. We haven't beat Stoke away with our strongest team in the past so u decide a weaken team will beat them? A team full of kids who'll just get bullied? Sorry mate but it's a full strengh team for me and it has to be. As for rest the game will be over at just after 3pm leaving us nearly 3 days to recover and play a team who have beat less premiership sides than Bradford. I and many others would like a nice day out at Wembley and another FA Cup win we won't get that with your selection.

Kun Aguero said:
It's the usual 1-1 at their place, beat them 3-0 at home.
That would be a good outcome so long as we pick up no red cards or injuries. I am sticking with Stoke 1-0 MCFC, simply because they will be the more highly motivated team. Over the last 12-18 months, we have tended to underperform in cup competitions.

is Zab definitely fit? I wouldn't take any risks, given that he will still be our only RB for the next month.

If in doubt, Milner right back or even Clichy, with Kolarov left back (I'd play Kolarov anyway regardless)

Need to go for the win.

Hart

Rekik
Kompany
Lescott
Kolarov

Barry
Milner

Silva
Tevez
Nasri

Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.