Stoke Vs City (FA Cup) Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, negativity on here is pretty incredible. we are on arguably our best form this season and coming up against a team that are on a terrible run. People should watch extended highlights from earlier in the season, we had plenty of chances and their only goal was Crouchy's basketball shot. Can field a full strength team as well except for Yaya. Can't keep on excepting these bogey grounds, we ended Arsenal away curse, great time to end our wait for Brittania win.
Stoke 0- City 2.

It will be the usual war of attrition v Stoke away. Niggly, physical, little flowing football, long ball stuff from them to get high up the pitch and win the second ball etc. Therefore :

Hart, Zab, Komps, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, Garcia, Milner, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko.

Likey to be a draw or one goal either way to decide it.

NoahCity said:
wow, negativity on here is pretty incredible. we are on arguably our best form this season and coming up against a team that are on a terrible run. People should watch extended highlights from earlier in the season, we had plenty of chances and their only goal was Crouchy's basketball shot. Can field a full strength team as well except for Yaya. Can't keep on excepting these bogey grounds, we ended Arsenal away curse, great time to end our wait for Brittania win.
Stoke 0- City 2.
i dont disagree and tbh if there were anytime we were going to break our miserable run at that place it would be right now when we've hit a really good stride

i wont be surprised if we beat them based on the way we've played recently but im not holding my breath either

mammutly said:
Stoke away in a cup tie is not a fixture that anyone can really be looking forward to. It'll be a battle and we need to go into expecting a hard physical game on a compact pitch. Not really our forte these days. I still think we can win - just, but I'm predicting a 1-1. We will take them apart in the replay at our place.

All pitches in the Premiership are the same size?
<a class="postlink" href="http://angryofislington.com/2012/09/01/new-premier-league-pitch-dimensions-rules/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://angryofislington.com/2012/09/01/ ... ons-rules/</a>

NoahCity said:
Stoke 0- City 2.

this except I am going 3-0 to City

Should we rest Zabba and some of the players , i m sure we can beat Stoke with half of strength ,they are the worst team i watch this season against City and they form even drop.

Will be interesting if RM goes for Natty or Lescott. Been so impressed with the young lad this season but RM seems to like Lescott against the more physical sides. Never easy going to Stoke but were on a good run and hopefully will continue.
My only concern is we play next Tuesday away at QPR and if RM has an eye on that, he might choose to rotate slighty. For me, this is not a game for the likes of Nasri as he doesnt seem to have an impact against this type of opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.