Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Thought we played well today.

Really like the look of Garcia, Maicon had a good game: He's intelligent and adds some width.

We could have won it but I'm happy with a point.

If you offered Blues the results we've had I think many would take it, the performances haven't been great but we still nearly stole another win today.

United got lucky at Southampton but lost at Everton, they may be ahead for now but they've had 3 bankers since Everton, we've already disposed of 2 of our hardest away games and haven't lost either.

This season more than ever seems to be saying to the top teams "must win your home games and try and steal away wins if you can but getting draws is the requirement", I think going away from home is getting harder and harder for all the top teams.

nice touch stoke fan clapping Joe Hart at the start of the second half as last season gave his gloves into the crowd, had to sit with the Stoke fans. City fans loud first half,could not hear them second half

I'm content.

Not happy, but also not disappointed. Three debutants away at Stoke was an interesting call from Mancini, but we didn't lose.

We didn't win at Liverpool or Stoke last year, and we won the league. Overall any point is a good point.

Mancini and co. really need to kick up a fuss about Crouch's handball and put pressure on the refs like Baconface does. Usually leads to a string of dodgy decisions for them.

Meh. Best thing about this is hopefully we won't have another trip to the Britannia for at least 12 months. It's probably the game I least look forward to in the whole season.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
If you offered Blues the results we've had I think many would take it, the performances haven't been great but we still nearly stole another win today.

United got lucky at Southampton but lost at Everton, they may be ahead for now but they've had 3 bankers since Everton, we've already disposed of 2 of our hardest away games and haven't lost either.

This season more than ever seems to be saying to the top teams "must win your home games and try and steal away wins if you can but getting draws is the requirement", I think going away from home is getting harder and harder for all the top teams.

Totally agree with you.

Malty said:
black mamba said:
Dave S said:
Run out of patience with Balo long ago, too much promise with not enough end result for me. He's a luxury we can't afford.

Aside from one brilliant effort on the turn , and a poor pass to try and play Silva in , Balotelli struggled ........ we need more from him than this , and i don't doubt that Mancini , yet again , told him so !

Watch him come on as substitute against Madrid and change the game now.

But he needs to fight for his place and not play on reputation. I see him more in the papers these days for other things then football and that's not acceptable and luxury that only a player playing like Messi or Ronaldo can afford.
Care to provide some links?

Stoke will always play that way and never will amount to anything! I just hope we destroy then at home. Crouch is a cheating cnut, and complains more than Liverpool's Suarez.
The stats aren't too bad, 15 v 4 attempts in our favour and 10 v 3 on goal.
We owned them at their ground and are quite content to pack the box and hack their way to a draw.
If we play like that on Tuesday, we will get bummed!

Happy enough with a point, but feel we haven't really clicked yet. We gave the ball away a bit too much, personally I thought the pitch didn't appear to aid a slick passing game (looked likey hadn't had the sprinklers on, or let the grass grow a bit longer), or could have been we just kept under-hitting passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.