Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
citytill1die84 said:
A lot of posters with hardly any posts posting crap about Pellegrini and players today. I smell rags.

Im not a rag mate-It was shite and the tactics were shite..

I did say people with hardly any posts mate.<br /><br />-- September 14th, 2013, 9:25 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
wythenshaweblue£££ said:
If we win on Tuesday and beat the rags on Sunday which I think we will then the start I the season won't be too bad. But we need to pull our socks up its still early days as well but we don't want to be playing catch up at the same time.

playing how we are we'll get battered. we'll be lucky to get nil.

6-1 anyone?

Why? The rags are also playing shit.

alanblue said:
Think our owners have droped a bollock appointing this Pellers bloke as manager

So far I'd agree, he's consistently picking the wrong starting eleven each game.

He's clueless about the PL, despite him boasting he can manage anywhere, anybody who picks Garcia is pissing in the wrong pot I'm afraid.

Cheech and Chong the Spaniards better prey they haven't fucked up with the red eyed lizard seemingly fucking things up each week.

You know, Mancini don't seem that bad after all.

flb said:
alanblue said:

So far I'd agree, he's consistently picking the wrong starting eleven each game.

He's clueless about the PL, despite him boasting he can manage anywhere, anybody who picks Garcia is pissing in the wrong pot I'm afraid.

Cheech and Chong the Spaniards better prey they haven't fucked up with the red eyed lizard seemingly fucking things up each week.

Im afraid with the injuries we have, Garcia had to play there. I thought he did ok today, compared to some of his games.

its never going to happen if we don't look like beating stoke

Pellegrini got the fans already on his back 4 games and we look like a bunch of school kids at the back if things don't pick up we will lose at home to utd then
the shit will hit the walls

forget champions league football the real world is the bread and butter of premier league football get that right first and build on that and not the other way round

Dunno - there were some seriously abject performances under Bob last year. Today's effort was utterly abysmal but I wonder how much of it you can lay off on Pellers.

Now that said, I literally cannot remember such an absurdly weak OFFENSIVE effort this side of the Pearce Era. Seems like even Bob got more out of these guys on their worst day than what we saw here.

Still early, but very concerned about this.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
flb said:
alanblue said:

Im afraid with the injuries we have, Garcia had to play there. I thought he did ok today, compared to some of his games.[/quote

Lescott ?

Vienna_70 said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I think all that can be said about today is that as we know away at Stoke for us is always tough. We have never beaten them away in the Premier League, and we probably never will. At least we have come through this game not playing well by any means with a point and a clean sheet.

I just hope Garcia and Kolerov don't play to many more games they were both absolute gash. But a good point at the end of the day, another game gone with Kompany injured boy we need Vinnie back asap. That point today may end up being significant come the end of the season.

What game were you watching?

Garcia was easily our best defender and Kolarov did well.

Nastasić was the one who let us down today; apart from the near own goal, he made several mistakes that almost let Stoke in.
I keep seeing folks slagging Garcia, and I am getting angrier by the thread. It irks me when average players are made scapegoats even on days when they had a fine game.

This was Gareth Barry's cross for a whole season 2 years ago. Now Garcia is the new whip boy. And if that doesn't work, call Yaya lazy and suddenly, you hit the daily double. :(

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
flb said:
alanblue said:

Im afraid with the injuries we have, Garcia had to play there. I thought he did ok today, compared to some of his games.

Once again we had enough posession but in the wrong areas and had no ability to create space in their final third.

That combined with all our frontmen having mares and 0-0 was the best we could hope for and I suppose at least we got that albeit damm fortunate to do so.

On that performance if I was a Stoke supporter I wouldn't be getting too excited about their remaining 34 games either.

They probably don't know just how piss poor we really were.

Not sure why our defending is being debated today. Our defence is patched up and chugging along right now so to keep two clean sheets in a row is good despite a lot of dodgy and heart-stopping moments.

For me the more pressing problems are the other side of the halfway line with the same stagnant attacking we saw too much under Mancini. Predictable sideways passing, slow tempo, lack of ideas and variety. Against Newcastle, Navas was a proper winger and pumping in crosses, players were shaking it up with long diagonal passes to switch play, and there was a vigor to the team. That has just disappeared since, a really bizarre phenomenon.

'Parked buses' can be bypassed but year after year in games like this we struggle and furthermore teams seem to be improving their counter attacking against us. I've seen three Pellegrini teams and they attacked much better than today, so it's a case of either the instructions/tactics not getting across yet or the players just unable so far to do what he asks.

If our brand of tiki-taka continues to lead to dropped points this season we should fundamentally look at the style and consider whether it's right for the Premier League. We're the richest club in the world so should be able to play in a way which dominates the Premier League except when we come up against equals like Chelsea.

You know that "It should have been ten!" Song? Well if we had been playing any teams of quality so far it would have fucking been!

Sunday is the best chance ever the rags will have to avenge the 1-6 and I for one am dreading the derby!

It might be early days but our manager looks well out of his depth and I will be surprised if he lasts the season! ! Three shit awful performances this is bloody worrying to say the least! !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.