Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
gmckennasell said:
always a tough game at stoke , not many teams will win there this season , and theyve had a decent start , clichy,kompany,silva,richards injured and presumably he assessed the squad after the midweek internationals , and rested some players , another toothless performance though , there doesnt appear to be any progress .The next 3 games will tell us if we have the right manager, we need at least a draw in champs league , a good result against the rags and progress in the league cup .

Why does everyone say that...I'm not bothered one jot about what other teams do there.
I am concerned with City and yet again we have failed to win away from home.Now before you give it loads about Mancinis record at Stoke,in the league we were fucking unlucky to not win there the last 2 seasons and we won the cup tie there.
We have invested heavily in the summer and we are not seeing any returns on that investment. What concerns me as regards our signings is the fact that they never ever hit the road running. Look at Ozil,world class today,Erikson-world class today.
We carry on playing like that and we will be out of the title race before it has even really begun.

If yoonited and chelsea win at stoke , then i will be bothered , because they have secured 2 more points than us , and that could win them the league . But your correct about mancini , he would have won at stoke today with the squad we have available ,

Marvin said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
gmckennasell said:
always a tough game at stoke , not many teams will win there this season , and theyve had a decent start , clichy,kompany,silva,richards injured and presumably he assessed the squad after the midweek internationals , and rested some players , another toothless performance though , there doesnt appear to be any progress .The next 3 games will tell us if we have the right manager, we need at least a draw in champs league , a good result against the rags and progress in the league cup .

Why does everyone say that...I'm not bothered one jot about what other teams do there.
I am concerned with City and yet again we have failed to win away from home.Now before you give it loads about Mancinis record at Stoke,in the league we were fucking unlucky to not win there the last 2 seasons and we won the cup tie there.
We have invested heavily in the summer and we are not seeing any returns on that investment. What concerns me as regards our signings is the fact that they never ever hit the road running. Look at Ozil,world class today,Erikson-world class today.
We carry on playing like that and we will be out of the title race before it has even really begun.
Your perspective is totally shot to pieces as you are not making any allowances for a team that was almost unrecognisable to the one we saw last week.

Continuity is required

We had an entirely make-shift back 4 with what I consider our 4 best defenders out, and our forwards were making their full debuts. Rodwell was playing his first game of the season

General play this season has been o]poor, but it's so obvious why we struggled today

The best thing is that the injuries are not thought to be serious and soon we should be able to get a relatively settled team, and then Pellegrini can start to be judged.

marvin,my perspective was crystal clear today. There are no excuses for that performance. Dress it up however you like,it was abysmal.

john blue said:
The squad that won the title,was better than the one we have now..

They played better but you have to give the new boys sometime to show their wears.

In saying that Tevez with the right experience and attitude on the pitch was a no brainer.

We don't have enough quality in the 20 -25 bracket IMO and that's a problem.

We have to unearth the Bales of the world before we can be taken at all seriously in Europe.

I think we will go backwards in the premiership this season as too many of our squad lack the hunger for more success.

Re: Stoke Vs City Post Match Discoussion Thread

plattlane01 said:
I've said it before, he'll be gone by bonfire night. I've never seen us so short of a planned idea. Alan ball excluded

I hadn't seen you say this but the way things are going you may well be right. myself I think he should be given all the time he needs to make his mark, his ideas etc. January will be the first judgement time.

wythenshaweblue£££ said:
If we win on Tuesday and beat the rags on Sunday which I think we will then the start I the season won't be too bad. But we need to pull our socks up its still early days as well but we don't want to be playing catch up at the same time.

playing how we are we'll get battered. we'll be lucky to get nil.

6-1 anyone?

The lad got back and I asked him how bad were we, one answer :shit: then his head in the fridge, their was i thinking great point with So many injuries and international duties and also new players and manager bedding in, but their again what do I know seeing as its my 47th season supporting city, going off what I have read on here tonight I just hope their is a dramatic turn around in the moral for next Sunday because 99% of supporters won't be up for it but I have no doubt our players will because their is no way they will allow turdinhand and and his diving shithouse mates to abuse our fans on our own turf like last season, I mean come on guys lets give it the red cnuts, if we beat them that will be all the momentum we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.