Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Citizen in Pakistan said:
It was after a v long time that we didn't really posted a goal scoring threat during the whole game,a point gained surely

That my friend with all the quality we have and money spent is a very worrying stat. Can you honestly see Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and the Rags doing the same ? Saying that, you are of course right we should've lost, its a point gained.

Scfcboothen said:
Hi stokie in peace here, with all due respect I think you we're very lucky to get a point today. If Walters could finish you lot would have been in the shit. I saw pelligini pre match saying he was preparing for a physical test, sorry lads but pulis has gone and were not that simple anymore, but anyhow thought negredo looked utterly useless today but I must admit I was scared shitless when navas and Sergio aguero came on, but can't understand why both didn't start (we're they injured or somthing) but anyway just wondering what what you thought of the new 'footbAlling' stoke ( cus the abuse saying we're still a bunch of long ball leg breakers) ;)
Co's we play on Tuesday and actually we play in Europe ;/ not just England.

Here's the thing I've read through about 30 pages and I've yet to see anyone describe what Pellegrini's actual tactics are and why doesn't seem to work well with our players.

Pellegrini's Malaga side all last season lined up in 4-2-3-1, here he seems to be trying a standard English 4-4-2 that's something off the bat I find strange as I was almost certain he would be playing a 4-3-2-1.

In his 4-2-3-1 it would often look like 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-4 very quickly off the counter, our team hasn't shown that type of firepower since the Newcastle game. The team is forcing many long balls and are looking more like an old Stoke side instead of a Pellegrini side. Our midfield needs to be pushing the the ball up faster and moving into space versus just playing the long pass. Fernandinho is very key to this point as he is more than capable of fulfilling this duty. Toure I feel needs to be rested as I feel his poor form is due to being burnt out. The 2 in front of the Back 4 should be Fernandinho/Milner.

The 3 behind the striker should be Jovetić/Silva/Navas. All very quick, creative and will all be able to push the attack with them in their roles in addition to Fernandinho running from box to box and Milner being able to help the back 4 and be the link to the attacking 4.

Negredo should be the main striker with the combo of his size/strength/skill and pace which when put together makes him the best possible target FROM JUMP in this formation, if Dzeko happens to up his level he can also fit but he has to be a little better on the ball.

The ideal line up with all things consider would be:

Hart
Zabaleta/Kompany/Nastasic/Clichy
Fernandinho/Milner
Jovetić/Silva/Navas
Negredo

Of course rotation and form will be key but these are the players I feel are most likely to pick up what Pellegrini wants/needs out of his team if he actually goes back to what he knows instead of what I believe is over thinking as in what I encounter a lot, a lot of Engineers do.

4-4-2 is not a Pellegrini formation this is why are team isn't playing well, in the first 4 games we are looking like when Mancini took what work and won him the title and started tinkering with 3-5-2 except Mancini actually worked with that formation before. This season we have a manager and his players all trying to adapt to very new situations in multiple areas. So people have every right to be concerned and pointing out all the flaws.

Of course nobody can plan for what happen to Pellegrini's family, the rash of injuries, and the international break certainly doesn't help, Pellegrini just hasn't had as much time to really locked down everything with a completely new system even with what looks like a "soft" schedule. Only Arsenal can say they have a lot of key pieces sitting in the training room.

We would have won that game yesterday with Tevez in the team.
DeJong has been difficult to replace but I reckon replacing Tevez the player will be near impossible.

Anyway I still don't believe it is all doom and gloom as many on here have painted, we need a win on Tuesday to set us up to stuff the rags.

I haven't read all 70 pages so sorry if someone has already posted ------------ Thank god for Joe, his save from his own player was brilliant.

An the ref wasn't too bad either (for a change)

I was doing some research the other day on his record for Malaga and was quite surprised at what i found.

2011/12: Goals scored 54, Goals conceded 53. Pretty crap record considering that season they had a bit of money to spend and a good squad in comparison to the other teams.

2012/13: GS: 53, GC: 50. Pretty much the same the next season with a very similar team.

Hardly seems like he's going to bring attacking football with a record like that. Early days though i suppose.....

gordondaviesmoustache said:
My seafood terrine was delicious, although I was a bit pissed off that my seat was five, possibly even ten centremetres to the right of the halfway line.
Exactly the sort of analysis and contribution we need.

How did you find the peasants? Smelly at all? And would you rather have been sat in the manor playing bridge with the golf club boys?

jimmmy_L said:
I was doing some research the other day on his record for Malaga and was quite surprised at what i found.

2011/12: Goals scored 54, Goals conceded 53. Pretty crap record considering that season they had a bit of money to spend and a good squad in comparison to the other teams.

2012/13: GS: 53, GC: 50. Pretty much the same the next season with a very similar team.

Hardly seems like he's going to bring attacking football with a record like that. Early days though i suppose.....

Real Madrid 2009/2010 GS 102 GA 35 What about this?

Did anyone see Villareal play against Real Madrid yesterday, totally outclassed them, such excellent short slick passing, great urgency and great hold up play. Who brought this style to Villareal? Pellegrini. Unless and until he is a double agent from United, why wouldn't he want us playing like that as well. Real Madrid were playing the most expensive first 11 in history, couldn't win against a newly promoted team. Their manager has won 2 CL trophies. Everyone needs time to adjust. There was one instance where Kolarov had the ball on the left and instead of passing it forward (to Nasri I think), sent it back to Garcia at CB. Pellegrini did a face palm in frustration. Our players need to show much more urgency than they are at the moment. Nasri seems to play as if he doesn't give a single F&^K

Pellegrini has the goods, asking for his head at this stage is just silly. Every manager needs time to adapt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.