Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

lancs blue said:
I don't think 3 clean sheets proves anything about the defence tbh, we've been lucky in that Hull and Stoke are average teams with average strikers, the defence has looked vulnerable in all bar the Newcastle game. Yes that is partly down to the poor cover offered by the central midfield but I wouldn't be complacent about the defence. As much as I like the guy Zaba has had a poor start to the season and no CB combination without Kompany has looked that secure so far which is a big worry given Vinny's recent injury record.
I'm not being complacent about the defence, but they seem to copping much of the flack, and I don't think that's right because as you rightly point out we have injuries in that department, and despite that we have still only conceded goals in 1 game this season. Yes we have conceded a lot of chances that could/should have been put away, but I will maintain that this is because we have nothing in front of the back four, and that because there is no link between defence and attack, the ball is coming back far too quickly. I don't think this system will work in the PL, and hopefully MP will see this soon, whether it works in europe we'll see, but we should get more time and space there (should note).

Early days in so far as tactics, and team selection probably due to injuries and fixtures. I do hope it becomes apparent to our manager that certain players are just not able to show enthusiasm and lack passion and technique. Unnecessary to name them ,just give them a long rest. As already posted there does seem to be a missing link between the back 4 and our midfield which was easily overrun by Stoke yesterday.The midfield needs urgent attention.

squirtyflower said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Exactly the sort of analysis and contribution we need.

How did you find the peasants? Smelly at all? And would you rather have been sat in the manor playing bridge with the golf club boys?
The peasants were revolting.

I don't like golf. Boring game for boring people. Bridge even more so.
I saw you quite clearly from my pauper's position

the man in black eh?
I was sporting brown yesterday, squirty.

A concern of mine yesterday was what seemed like a willingness to allow them to cross the ball. Particularly 1st half, both full backs tucked in right on to the shoulders of our Centre halves.

Now this is ok if you have wingers who can defend but let's face it, Nasri is weak as piss and was getting turned inside out

BlueMo' said:
On reflection i'm happy with a point, we could very easily have lost.
I don't feel as pessimistic as some on here.

I was relieved we got a point but we should have lost and that's where the worry (or pessimism if you want to call it that) arises from - the performance was poor following on from a stuttering home performance against Hull and a defensive nightmare at Cardiff. We simply can't afford similar performances in the next two games or we will be punished.

squirtyflower said:
The peasants were revolting.

I don't like golf. Boring game for boring people. Bridge even more so.

the man in black eh?
looked black from my distant position at the back of the stand so i could bang on the steel shuttering
you were right below a big S

BlueMo' said:
On reflection i'm happy with a point, we could very easily have lost.
I don't feel as pessimistic as some on here.

I'm not happy with a point , but i can certainly see your point .....

Yes , Stoke could easily have won that game yesterday , but fortunately for us they were clueless in front of goal ..... and i think if they'd have scored even once we'd have struggled to get back into it , such was our total ineffectiveness up front.

If we gift better teams than Stoke opportunities like that we won't get away with it ...

citytill1die84 said:
jimmmy_L said:
I was doing some research the other day on his record for Malaga and was quite surprised at what i found.

2011/12: Goals scored 54, Goals conceded 53. Pretty crap record considering that season they had a bit of money to spend and a good squad in comparison to the other teams.

2012/13: GS: 53, GC: 50. Pretty much the same the next season with a very similar team.

Hardly seems like he's going to bring attacking football with a record like that. Early days though i suppose.....

Real Madrid 2009/2010 GS 102 GA 35 What about this?

If you saw Madrid when he was manager they didn't seem to have a set playing style and just seemed to give their attackers lots of creative freedom.
People say Mourinho is a defensive coach but he had them scoring more goals than Pellegrini.

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

the man in black eh?
looked black from my distant position at the back of the stand so i could bang on the steel shuttering
It must have been nice for one of my many 'fan-boys' to have spotted me. Now you come to mention it I did notice a City fan at the back getting very giddy when I took my seat.

-- Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:35 am --

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

the man in black eh?
It must have been nice for one of my many 'fan-boys' to have spotted me. Now you come to mention it I did notice a City fan at the back getting very giddy when I took my seat.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:35 am --<br /><br />
squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

the man in black eh?
It must have been nice for one of my many 'fan-boys' to have spotted me. Now you come to mention it I did notice a City fan at the back getting very giddy when I took my seat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.