Stoke vs. City Pre-Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCFC BOB said:
Absolutely begging for three points here, but a draw would take us top on GD.

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov; Barry, Milner, Yaya, Nasri; Aguero, Dzeko.

Pantilimon; Zabaleta, Clichy; de Jong, Silva; Balotelli, Tevez.

Why Kolarov?

FantasyIreland said:
MCFC BOB said:
Absolutely begging for three points here, but a draw would take us top on GD.

Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov; Barry, Milner, Yaya, Nasri; Aguero, Dzeko.

Pantilimon; Zabaleta, Clichy; de Jong, Silva; Balotelli, Tevez.

Why Kolarov?
He's better at getting the ball behind tight defences than Clichy. Stoke won't be over ambitious against us and Kolarov's ideal to put the ball in to the box over and over and over again.

Have a bad feeling about this game :( Stoke are tough at home and always raise there game against the big boys :( Chelsea & the Rags only managed draws Spurs and Liverpool were beaten there. Stokes home form this season has been shit tho teams like Newcastle,Sunderland,WBA,Villa,Wigan & QPR have all took points They've Won-6 Drawn-4 Lost-4 so it's no way impossible. The win against Chelsea and the way we came back should have the players full of confidence and I'd simply go all out attack score early and just keep pressure on them. You look at the Stoke team and think who've they got? They've got a small pitch a squad full of thugs a crowd who don't shut the fuck up and make it hostile and the away team nervous with it being screened live on sky & at 5:30 makes it a little tougher. Anyway although I'm worried we still have to much for Stoke just our bad away form hurts me but I'd go with--

Hart

Zaba--Richards--Kolo--Clichy

De Jong

Silva--Yaya--Nasri

Aguero--Dzeko

Panti--Kolarov--Savic-Johnson--Milner--Balotelli-Tevez

Shame Tevez isn't 100% this is his type of game but hopefully he can come on give us another half hour and get him fully fit for the last 6 weeks :) I'm gunna go with a close 1-2 with Dzeko grabbing both goals come on the blues :)

MCFC BOB said:
He's better at getting the ball behind tight defences than Clichy. Stoke won't be over ambitious against us and Kolarov's ideal to put the ball in to the box over and over and over again.

I disagree.
I think you underestimate their home form and tactics.They will bombard us with long/high balls as well as use every trick available to gain advantage around our box,including the award of throw ins.....

Kolarov would be a liability against such pressure.

Re: Your Team vs Stoke

mancity56 said:
i think we should go for it . my team.

hart

vinnie lescott
richards kolarov
yaya
nasri silva

aguero balo dzeko

You obviously haven't been keeping up with city in a while mate.

pee dubya said:
---------------Hart---------
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
--------------De Jong------------
------Yaya--------------Nasri-----
--------------Aguero-------------
--------Dzeko--------Balo---------

If these 11 starts - we will win 0:3

God game lover said:
pee dubya said:
---------------Hart---------
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
--------------De Jong------------
------Yaya--------------Nasri-----
--------------Aguero-------------
--------Dzeko--------Balo---------

If these 11 starts - we will win 0:3
Except two of them won't be fit to play and Barry will definitely start, unlike Mario. Go back to the drawing board, mate.

Too much is made of the pitch size because of Delap's long throw. Same size as Goodison, Upton Park, Highbury, some would have you believe it's the size of a postage stamp. And the whole team full of thugs thing is very much overplayed, both teams have players that enjoy the physical aspect of the game and I expect it to be hard but fair. Last season the likes of Silva stood up to the test and it was a very tight affair, I expect it to be similar on Saturday.

If we can stifle your flair players and keep things tight I always expect us to score at home from a set piece if nothing else. Huth and Shawcross are in tremendous form at the moment but their achilles heel is pace so I'm sure they be happy to see someone like Dzeko on the team sheet as opposed to someone like Aguero.

My gut feeling is a 1-1 draw but wouldn't be surprised if either team won 1-0. Should be a cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans, evening game, full house, may the best team win........................

Team for Stoke(A)

I would go:

Hart
Richards
Lescott
Toure (VK not fit)
Clichy
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Aguero
Dzeko

Subs:Pantilimon,Kolarov,Tevez,Balotelli,Zabaleta,De Jong,Milner(not sure he's 100%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.