Stoke Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newtoncc said:
Shirley said:
wizzardofdribble said:
Hey Up

Stoke fan here...

Think you'll struggle on Saturday against us..Too many individuals in your team..Pelligrini hasn't gelled them together yet

We're doing well under Hughes and he'll want to prove a point against you

Should be a cracking atmosphere

Stoke 2-1 Man City

Show your football knowledge and name the individuals.

I know you signed Ireland recently good signing if can recapture form, a striker from Werder Bremen Aronatich(probably wrong) and few squad players but team I saw against Palace had usual suspects in, so no visible sign of mass changes, or am I wrong?

Hi Guys,

No mass change, just players playing in the right positions for a change.

In Begovic we have one of the best keepers in the league in my opinion.

Huth and Shawcross are a good centre half pairing and we now have a genuine left back in Pieters and Cameron from USA playing right back - a reasonably solid back four.

Wilson is now playing in midfield instead of right back and N'Zonzi is starting to look like the player that first signed for us again (he will definitely go on to a bigger club in the future). With Adam and Whelan potentially injured I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland started.

Walters without a doubt will be in the starting 11 - with one of Pennant, Etherington, Assiadi or Arnie on the wing.

Crouch may start up front with Kenwyne Jones being away with Trinidad & Tobago but hopefully Jones will start again as he seems to have a new hunger for the game in the new regime.

Makes for an interesting game. I feel that your weaknesses have been highlighted at set pieces, where we remain strong and I think we will pose a greater threat this year than previous meetings.

Anyway, safe trip for all those travelling and let's hope for a cracking game and hopefully Clatenburg won't be the centre of attention.

I think Nasri will have a good game and might start in Silva's absence.

I would say a solid performance and a 0-2 win for us, an early goal, control the game and a late one ot finish them off.

Aguero and Negredo to score.

Lightwood said:
Newtoncc said:
Shirley said:
Show your football knowledge and name the individuals.

I know you signed Ireland recently good signing if can recapture form, a striker from Werder Bremen Aronatich(probably wrong) and few squad players but team I saw against Palace had usual suspects in, so no visible sign of mass changes, or am I wrong?

Hi Guys,

No mass change, just players playing in the right positions for a change.

In Begovic we have one of the best keepers in the league in my opinion.

Huth and Shawcross are a good centre half pairing and we now have a genuine left back in Pieters and Cameron from USA playing right back - a reasonably solid back four.

Wilson is now playing in midfield instead of right back and N'Zonzi is starting to look like the player that first signed for us again (he will definitely go on to a bigger club in the future). With Adam and Whelan potentially injured I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland started.

Walters without a doubt will be in the starting 11 - with one of Pennant, Etherington, Assiadi or Arnie on the wing.

Crouch may start up front with Kenwyne Jones being away with Trinidad & Tobago but hopefully Jones will start again as he seems to have a new hunger for the game in the new regime.

Makes for an interesting game. I feel that your weaknesses have been highlighted at set pieces, where we remain strong and I think we will pose a greater threat this year than previous meetings.

Anyway, safe trip for all those travelling and let's hope for a cracking game and hopefully Clatenburg won't be the centre of attention.

Ah the same Mr Clattenburg who allowed a goal last year that was handballed TWICE(!!) and also missed a red card for an elbow on Balotelli. If he's going to be doing anybody out of the game it's likely to be us again

Marvin said:
Sell the ground out first, then you can talk about atmosphere.

Expecting a tough game, and a maybe a few changes to the City team after internationals and with a Champions League game coming up
Very true Marvin. I live in the potteries and tickets are still available to Stoke fans!. I've loads of mates who are genuine Stoke fans (season ticket holders) that have been through it all with em, but before they were in the prem nobody gave a fuck about watching them, but all of a sudden they are the best fans in the world, glory hunting fuckers if I ever saw one, my wife's uncle and cousin and her husband being prime examples.

wagonman said:
I am wagonman.

I study "The Numbers Game, Why Everything You Know About Football Is Wrong" by Chris Anderson and David Sally.

Have no fear.

Man City will win.

JJ

Hi wagonman, is this you?

red-wagon-man-5221297.jpg

play the strongest team we have atm and i'm sure we will win this game i'll go for hart-zabba-lescott-nasty-clichy-fernandinho-yaya-milner-nasri-aguero-negredo a 2-0 win aguero and negredo !!!

wagonman said:
I am wagonman.

I study "The Numbers Game, Why Everything You Know About Football Is Wrong" by Chris Anderson and David Sally.

Have no fear.

Man City will win.

JJ

Then you'll know football matches are essentially 50/50 propositions.

And that a weakest link has more influence on a game than a strongest link (so let's hope Kolarov isn't playing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.