Stoke Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 5 out for Stoke match

chicken-little.jpg

If we do not have strong enough players to replace them and win against Stoke then we are in for a very long season !!

What I was happy to hear is that Kompany will be 100% in ~3 days, making him available for Champions League & when we face the scum.

Didsbury Dave said:
We are going to really miss these players. Jesus.
Let's hope Kolorov can break his habit of the season and find a blue shirt with a single pass.

Incredible injury list at this stage of the season, and all key players.

...is he out too?...

I reckon 1-1, We never get it easy at Stoke.
Hart
Zabby Nastastic Lescott Kolarov
Milner Rodwell Fernandinho Nasri
Ya Ya
Aguero

we have spent £350m on the squad , i dont think we will get much sympathy whinging about injuries , we have capable replacements in Kolarov, Jovetic,Lescott,Nastasic etc , we need a big game from joe hart , i thought he was superb for england , come on you blues.

Preston Blue1970 said:
If we do not have strong enough players to replace them and win against Stoke then we are in for a very long season !!

What I was happy to hear is that Kompany will be 100% in ~3 days, making him available for Champions League & when we face the scum.
With internationals last week, including games in South America, and he Champions League starting, we were always going to use a lot of squad players anyway.

I'll be disappointed if we don't beat Stoke, but a point wont be the worst result in the world. Stoke are strong at home, and with Vinny out and the form we're in, a point will not be too bad. I'm sure we'll be playing for the win, and maybe with Milner, and Rodwell we will do better anyway. In addition to the injured players, I can see Aguero and Navas starting on the bench.

You can't play internationals away from home, travel, play at the weekend, play in midweek, then play at the weekend again without there being some kind of reaction later in the season.

I'm not sure how this season is going to work out at all. But the squad depth is our strength and it's what made most fans select City as their title favourites before a ball was kicked. It's very debateable what our strongest 11 is.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Let's hope Kolorov can break his habit of the season and find a blue shirt with a single pass.

Just posted the same in pre match thread mate.
Every time Kolarov starts...I just know the outcome..Everton away springs to mind last season...
Awful player

-- Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:49 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:

Every time Kolarov starts...I just know the outcome..Everton away springs to mind last season...
Awful player

Especially when he's in the same starting 11 at Dzeko. It may end up a long afternoon tomorrow. I hope Negredo gets the start his performances have deserved.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:24 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Preston Blue1970 said:

With internationals last week, including games in South America, and he Champions League starting, we were always going to use a lot of squad players anyway.

I'll be disappointed if we don't beat Stoke, but a point wont be the worst result in the world. Stoke are strong at home, and with Vinny out and the form we're in, a point will not be too bad. I'm sure we'll be playing for the win, and maybe with Milner, and Rodwell we will do better anyway. In addition to the injured players, I can see Aguero and Navas starting on the bench.

You can't play internationals away from home, travel, play at the weekend, play in midweek, then play at the weekend again without there being some kind of reaction later in the season.

I'm not sure how this season is going to work out at all. But the squad depth is our strength and it's what made most fans select City as their title favourites before a ball was kicked. It's very debateable what our strongest 11 is.

Well you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that our strongest 11 will always have Kompany and Silva in it. So although we will have a strong team out tomorrow it isn't our strongest.

gmckennasell said:
we have spent £350m on the squad , i dont think we will get much sympathy whinging about injuries , we have capable replacements in Kolarov, Jovetic,Lescott,Nastasic etc , we need a big game from joe hart , i thought he was superb for england , come on you blues.
I did too. He didn't have much in the way of shots to save, but he commanded his penalty area, organised the defence and his distribution was excellent. For all the talk about Stoke passing, I'm sure a lot of their game will be based around winning free-kicks in our half, and loading it in there<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:28 pm --<br /><br />
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Awful player

-- Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:49 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:

Awful player

Especially when he's in the same starting 11 at Dzeko. It may end up a long afternoon tomorrow. I hope Negredo gets the start his performances have deserved.

-- Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:24 pm --

Marvin said:
Preston Blue1970 said:

Well you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that our strongest 11 will always have Kompany and Silva in it. So although we will have a strong team out tomorrow it isn't our strongest.
Silva will struggle in Pellegrini's teams if he keeps up with his current line up - which is basically 2 central midfielders and Silva floating. A far cry from the massed midfield of Mancini and Spain

Fortunately I think it will by necessity be all change at Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.