Stoke vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need someone to get the ball to these creative players though and Yaya is often that player. I wouldn't play him as far forward as he has been played recently though. He's better in a deeper role.

I agree completely with you, but I don't think the loss is such a blow as it once was. As for playing deeper, its a nice idea but does he have the discipline to hold there?

How about playing Fernandinho in front of Delph and Fernando, in order to save Silva from the cloggers?

I think it was a major reason we fell behind and that we struggle in the league without him. We were flying early on in the season with him in the team so I don't think it's really him that's the problem. He links so much of our play and we often look disjointed without him.

Regardless of the above, I really don't get people rejoicing that one of our most influential players is out.

Anyway, we know he's out for Stoke so we'll see how that goes. I'd personally be more confident if he was playing.
Thats the thing about YaYa hes both a blessing and a curse these days. I think he still adds value to the team but that value is starting to diminish.
Personally I would use him more sparingly now and perhaps look at the possibility of springing him from the bench a bit more for the last 25 mins. He could be used either to calm things down or as a forward threat as required. The main reason we started the season so well was not the presence or absence of YAYA but rather we were sound as a pound at the back. No one could score against us in those early weeks sadly that is no more and until that defensive solidity returns we will struggle I fear.

Well this is kun we're talking about
Frustrating really ,apart from Chelsea and his solo demolition of the Bar Codes he has not really contributed this year. Last year he missed six crucial weeks and never really
regained form in the later part of the season. The previous year he got injured at a crucial stage of the season and we were bailed out by the much maligned Dzecko. He then went on to play a peripheral role in Argentina's world cup campaign. One of the very best in the world at his job but not unlike VK is becoming far from reliable. Absolute shame.

Looks the most likely team though I'd be tempted to go with Clichy and Navas for Kolarov and Sterling.
Yeah I'd take Clichy over Kolarov also, but guessing he'll rotate a little from the midweek game hence why Sterling & Kolarov. A little worried Delph/Dinho partnership may be dismantled and we could see Nando/Dinho - which is still OK but feel Delph deserves the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.