Stoke vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we might have to settle for a point now,with so many being out,but my gut still says we win 2-1
I think we'll score, definitely. As long as Delph and Fernandinho both start, we shouldn't be lacking urgency in the way we move the ball around, even more so now that Silva's back. But the big worry is Demichelis. We will concede.

Yeah I'd take Clichy over Kolarov also, but guessing he'll rotate a little from the midweek game hence why Sterling & Kolarov. A little worried Delph/Dinho partnership may be dismantled and we could see Nando/Dinho - which is still OK but feel Delph deserves the start.

Any other game this week id go Clichy aswell but Kolarov's extra height means he'd probably get the nod for me here, id play Clichy against Monchengladbach.

We have to start Iheanacho over Bony if Aguero is injured. We can't continue saying Bony "needs time" or "he's getting there", this is football, you play your best possible hand whenever you can, and at this moment in time that means Iheanacho over Bony.

Any other game this week id go Clichy aswell but Kolarov's extra height means he'd probably get the nod for me here, id play Clichy against Monchengladbach.
Why height? Whoever plays left back is going to be up against Shaqiri most likely, can honestly see him tearing Kolarov up so Clichy would definitely get the nod for me.

Stoke aren't as big as they once were.

Why height? Whoever plays left back is going to be up against Shaqiri most likely, can honestly see him tearing Kolarov up so Clichy would definitely get the nod for me.

I'd have Kolarov for the link up with Silva. I've lost count of the number of times Silva rolls a pass to Kolarov's overlap that he can ping into the box first time. Just need Bony to fucking move and get on the end of it. Kolarov's attack goes to a new level when Silva is with him, such is the genius of David Silva.

Missing Kompany and Mangala, I dont for 1 second believe Stoke are the cloggers they used to be but defending set pieces, Kolarov has been used as 1 of our 'markers' for want of a better word all season. Demichelis isnt great in the air and Bony does the near post, Toure whilst being useless in the air is also missing.

Agree with that. Walters is a lump but the rest of the front line is small attacking players. They play very direct with Walters holing it up and with pace of him. Clichy is probably a better fit in terms of pace and holding back in position more. With Bony up front we will play in a similar way although we have much more quality through the midfield and should be able to dominate this.

I'm getting sick of this approach, he was kicked in the air and no card was given. He keeps getting injured because he is getting zero protection from the referees

He was injured because he landed on his ankle awkwardly. No tackle at all just jumped up to get the ball or avoid the keeper (can't remember) and he landed on his foot

I'm getting sick of this approach, he was kicked in the air and no card was given. He keeps getting injured because he is getting zero protection from the referees
Even if a card had been given, he'd still be injured. It's not a magic card! It's bad luck that he's injured again, not the referee's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.